Friday, February 7, 2014

♥ Grandmas are moms... ♥ {MOJO331}

...with lots of Frosting. What a cute sentiment! This one definitely applies to my mom! My mom is the sweetest mom and grandma there is! No matter what, she is ALWAYS there for her children and grandchildren. Mom, I love you so much! ♥

I haven't had much time lately to participate in many challenges as I would like to, but as soon as I saw this weeks sketch over at the Mojo Monday Challenge Blog, I knew I had to use it! And I also knew I had to use the adorable Homemade With Love line by Carta Bella for it. Such a sweet line! Love the yummy pastel papers!


That sentiment that I cut from one of the papers is just too cute! This would make a sweet Valentine's Day card for a Grandma from the grandchildren! ;) I added a little somethin', somethin' to the card to give it a little sparkle...sequins and Liquid Pearls.


Here is the fabulous Mojo Monday Sketch! Love it!!


Today we lost an 8 year old in my family. A cousin on my dad's side. He was diagnosed with brain cancer when he was only 8 months old. The doctors said he would only live for a few days numerous times over the years. But he was so strong and kept on pushing. He was stronger than most adults I know. He was 1 month and 1 day away from his 9th birthday. He was born on the same day as my son, just a year earlier. So while he will be dearly missed, his suffering and pain is gone. So please say a prayer for Shawn and his family. Heaven has a new angel.

♥ Hug and kiss your children. ♥

hugs...


6 comments:

Theresa said...

Such a sweet card:) I am a Grandmother and have lots of frosting:)

I am so sorry for your family's loss! Sweet little one taken far too young! Heaven is sweeter today with this new Angel!

Big hugs and prayers for your family!

Donna said...

What a great take on the sketch and I LOVE the sentiment. I'm not a grandma yet but we have 2 getting married this year so you never know.
So sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers. He's been an angel from the start.

Sherrie K. said...

I am SO sorry for your families loss and at such a young age. Sending prayers your way for your family.

Your card is beautiful and what a gorgeous sentiment and SO true! I love the design and beautiful papers!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

CathyinMN said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers -- so sorry for your loss. He sounds like an amazing boy! Such a nice card to give to any grandmother.

Bonnie said...

As a grandma, I love this thought. I love the colors and the sequins too!

Bonnie said...

Melissa, I left a comment without reading the entire blog! I'm so sorry for the loss of your nephew. It sounds like he made a big impact in his short life! Will put you all in my prayers.