Thursday, October 21, 2010

♥ A Halloween Card and Treat Box! ♥

Hi Friends! I have missed crafting so much that I am squeezing in some time for a little fun in between changing diapers, cleaning my home, laundry, cooking, running errands, you know all that other FUN STUFF!! LOL Here is a fun little Halloween set I made. I will be giving this to my 4 yr old son. I will probably fill the little box with some candy (not too much since he will be trick or treating!)and maybe some money so he can go and visit Toys R' Us for a little something! (Most likely a Thomas train!!)
I made the little pumpkin on the box using a styrofoam ball which I covered in some orange glitter, used some The Girls Paperie paper for his eyes, nose and mouth, added some ribbon hair and a little mini witches hat which I made from black cs, covered in glitter and topped off with a sheer ribbon bow. The box is also covered with some Girls Paperie paper, some crocheted ribbon and satin ribbon bow.
For the card, I used some more Girls Paperie paper, a Crafty Secrets cutout which I added more glitter to, some burlap and more crocheted and satin ribbon.
I made this for this week's challenges over at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings which was to make a Halloween card and/or Treat bag or box. I also used this week's sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You and I also used today's Ways to Use it Challenge over at SCS which was to use fabric on your card (does burlap count??). And last but not least, I used this week's challenge over at the City Crafter Challenge blog, which was to make a card/project that has a vintage feel to it!

Here is the 2S4Y sketch:

Here is the City Crafter Inspiration photo:
Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you joined the Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge! :)
Your card and pumpkin set is fantastic!
Hope you will come back and play with us often!

Hugs,
True :D

Kelly Massman said...

Sweet card!

Lau W said...

This is a very nice card, congrats !
xxx

Jingle said...

This is AWESOME! I so totally love it!

Cheri W said...

These are fantastic. What a creative Halloween box! And the card is amazing, too, like you!

sandra said...

Beautiful!!!
Love it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Unknown said...

what a fantastically awesome ensemble! Love that box and of course your card is just as gorgeous
thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Kristii said...

What a fun little set!!! So perfect for Halloween!!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card! Love the glitter detail! Congrats on making the Fab 5!!

Ros said...

Stunning set! probably the nicest I have seen for Halloween ... Thanks for sharing your talent here at CCCB

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, love that vintage image a lot, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

What a fabulously glittery and vintage post! I couldn't LOVE it more!! thank you for playing along at CCCB

Unknown said...

This is so adorabe. I just love the vintage image and the way you glittered it up look to cute.