Monday, April 11, 2011

♥ Doilies and Lace ♥ TSTR #57

This week I am your host at The Shabby Tea Room and I chose the theme, "Doilies and Lace". It is to create a card/project using a doily or lace on it. It can be stamped, paper, fabric, etc.
I made some place card settings for the Easter table. They are so simple and inexpensive to make, but people will think you spent a fortune and a lot of time on them! They are made from paper mache eggs (Michaels) which I first painted white, then I literally inked them with an ink pad, then applied glue and then glitter. Then decorate them with pearls, ribbon and gems. The base of the settings are made from recycled baby food jars. I buy lots of baby yogurt for my son and had all these jars left over. I simply washed them and removed the label, added some jelly beans and then decorated with ribbons and embellies. I then inked 2 paper doilies. Added 1 to the top of the jar and 1 on the bottom. I then added some paper grass and then my egg. I hot glued everything. Easy Peasy place card settings for your table that look like Faberge eggs! And it dresses up your Easter dinner table.
This week's prize sponsor at The Shabby Tea Room is Cupcake Cards and Craft. And this week's winner will receive a fabulous digi paper pack!
Help me in welcoming a new shabby girl to the team! The Oh, so talented, Sheri Holt! Welcome my friend!

And don't forget to visit the rest of the shabby girls too!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch
Danielle Greenwood - Au Claire De La Lune
Charlene Cundy - Expressions of Me!

Here is the inspiration photo that I chose.

I was inspired to make these using the challenge, Earth Day and Trash Art, from the HotSpot challenge blog. {I used baby food jars.}

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs...

20 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Melissa these are gorgeous...
What a wonderful idea...beautiful colours...they will be gorgeous on your Easter table.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Romaine said...

Ought, love the details! I glittered up some styrofoam eggs from the dollar store a couple of years ago, love the addition of the jars with the treats!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

great challenge. These are totally adorable. Would be so much fun to dine at this Easter table.

EFI said...

These are so beautiful!!!! Congrats!

Lucy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Teri said...

Oh I love these! I made an Egg box similar to your darling Christmas boxes and these would go great with it!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Debbie said...

UNBELIEVABLY STUNNING, my talented friend! All I can say is WOW! I guessed that those were baby food jars ... I have lots too b/c I feed my poodle chicken baby food for dinner every night, so I might have to CASE your beautiful idea! I'm just blown away with this project, Melis!

Esther said...

These are gorgeous!!
How lucky are the friends and family at your Easter Table!!!!!!

Sheri said...

I just LOVE these eggs! They are such a fun idea for a place setting!

Sudha said...

Wow, creative creations dear.

cherry said...

sooo pretty...and oh so springy! cherry

Evette K. said...

Just love what u did with those baby food jars/dollies/embellies..so very clever of you. Would love to see this on my table at Easter!! Hugs.

Lea L. said...

These are so pretty!! What a fun thing to have at your table on Easter Sunday!! Lovely job! ♥♥♥

Teresa said...

Stunning! all you Dt girls make the most gorgeous cards & projects, these are fabulous
Teresa xx

Loz said...

oh these look gorgeous.. pity you can't eat the egg on top! looks delicious.. loving the one with the pearls ♥

Cheri W said...

These are just adorable. You come up with the best gift ideas. What fun table decor/place settings.

Shawne said...

These are beautiful! and they look like they were so much fun to do! I'll have to remember this, I save all of my baby food jars! Thanks for joining us at the Hotspot!

Trees said...

What a creative project, I love the sparkley eggs!

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Melissa! What a fantastic way to recycle all those little glass jars! They are just the perfect size for this too! You will certainly have the most beautiful Easter table to everyone to enjoy. Thank you for joining us at the HotSpot Challenge and hope to see you play again soon! Hugs, Sue

Simply Shaz said...

Aww these are all so adorable Melissa! So cute :)
Shaz x