Monday, November 14, 2011

♥ A Shabby Pastel Christmas ♥

This week I am your Hostess at The Shabby Tea Room! I chose the theme of "A Shabby Pastel Christmas"! It is to create a card and/or project with a Holiday theme and using the colors from the inspiration photo. Here is the beautiful and yummy photo.


This week the Shabby Girls got to play with some awesome templates by Creations by AR. I love their templates. They are so fun and easy as "pie"! I chose this adorable "Piece O' Cake" template. I decided to turn them into little Christmas trees! They are perfect to hold little presents inside!


These adorable templates took me literally 15 minutes to print, cut and assemble all three of them. If you need a last minute gift, how cute would these be to make real quick and stick money or a little gift inside!


They would also make a wonderful centerpiece for your table! Put some snow (batting) around them on a large platter, add a little snowman or Santa and there you have an instant centerpiece!!


                                              
And if you want, you can add a piece o' cake inside!! ;) hehe

I used some Digi papers by Crafty Secrets to make the trees. I also used some seam binding and trims, Maya Road chipboard snowflakes, little glittery styrofoam balls (snowballs), mini pastel paper roses, jingle bell, wooden button, Liquid Pearls and lots and lots of chunky glitter!


The winner of this week's challenge will win 2 templates of your choice by Creations by AR!


Here are the rest of the fabulous Shabby Girls! Please stop by there blogs and share the love!! :)

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie
Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog
Charlene Cundy - Expressions of Me!
Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

I hope you will join us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!! I can't wait to see all the shabby goodness that you all come up with! But remember, it doesn't have to be shabby to join!!

Have a wonderful day filled with lots of love....

9 comments:

Auntie Em said...

These are so pretty! I like to make little treat boxes to set on the table at Christmas. Love the little trims you used to decorate them.
Thanks for sharing this fun idea! :)

Debbie said...

What sweet little holiday trees you've created, Melissa! In your true shabby style, they are precious ... and love that CS patterned paper too! Great Tea Room inspiration this week :)

Crafty Loops said...

Oh wow, these are so beautiful. What a fantastic idea. Lee x

Anne said...

Love them Melissa. Gorgeous work as always
Anne x

Loz said...

they're so pretty! I love things like this that my 5yo DD can make for her friends and teachers - of course her's wouldn't look quite so pretty :)
x

Claudia said...

WOW, that idea is so kool... love the little trees... :)

Svetlana said...

Love this so much

Ani said...

Gorgeous boxes! I love them all!

Heather said...

These are just beautiful!! I just love the "Peace," "love," and "Joy" with the glitter!! I love the bows. Just beautiful!!
Hugs