Wednesday, April 10, 2013

♥ Simon Says...April Showers and/or Spring Flowers! ♥

Happy Wednesday bloggy friends! It's time for another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! This time we are celebrating Spring! It's all about either Rain or Flowers! Or you can make a card with both! :) Just have fun and let the creative spark take over!!


This week the Simon Says DT are showcasing products by Hero Arts! I chose this fun stamp set called Layered Flowers. I stamped the medium flower that comes in the set, 3 x's. I then cut all 3 out, colored them in with soft pastel Chalks and some Copics and then I added some Chunky Glitter and a Hero Arts Medium Accent Pearl to the center flower. I then crumpled them up a bit in my hand and then opened them back up a bit to give them a weathered look. I then matched them up and adhered them together.


I also used some papers by Authentique from the 6x6 Grace Paper Pad. The dies are Stately Circles Nestabilities by Spellbinders.


And don't forget, the super sweet and generous Heidi will give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!






Before I go, just want to say that my heart goes out to the family of an adorable 6 year old boy who was shot accidentally by his 4 year old friend on Monday night. My heart goes out to both families actually. This cute little boy passed away yesterday afternoon. This happened right around the corner from my house. The entire neighborhood is just devastated. Things like that don't happen here nor should it happen anywhere! I'm sure that family did not want this to happen but they should be held accountable. No child should have access to a gun! Both families are now changed forever. So very sad! Please say a prayer for both of these families! And give your children a big hug and kiss, no matter what their ages are!!

hugs...





13 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Oh my gosh Melissa, I hadn't heard about this terrible accident. What an awful thing to happen. But like you say no child should have access to a gun. My thoughts are with the families,,,

Your card is so beautiful. I love that flower
Hugs Kelly

Jingle said...

This is gorgeous! The flower looks awesome layered like that!

Lin said...

Lovely, delicate colors, perfect for spring! Beautifully done, as always, Melissa!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Melissa :-) the flowers and crumpled ribbon are fab and I love the stately circles,, so pretty :-)

oh my goodness ,, it just doesn't bear thinking about,, a child to shoot another,,as you said, both families are going to have this tragedy in their minds forever ,, so terribly sad.

Unfortunately as long as guns are so readily available accidents will happen ,,,,

Luv
Lols x x x

Laura Sterckx said...

Beautiful card! I love that big flower!

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous as always, Melissa! Your style is perfect for the soft, spring-y and floral themes! :)

Heather said...

A beautiful card Melissa. gorgeous colours and a fabulous design, I love the stunning flower!!
What a dreadful thing to happen with those two families - my heart go out to them both and the poor boy who shot his friend - he has to live that for the rest of his life.

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning card, Melissa! I really love the doily layering with the flower on top :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful card, Melissa! What a dreadful tragedy--I can't image how they feel. Prayers to both families.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card love the colours.
What a terrible thing to happen and so sad too.
luv
Debby

Chriss America Real said...

This is just a lovely card. So sad to hear about the terrible accident.

Hugs,

Chriss

Claudia said...

Hi Melissa, this is a really so lovely card. Like the flower and the special ribbon, great.

Thanks for this inspiration at Simons and your lovely comment.

Hugs and a nice Sunday
Claudia

Benzi said...

Your card is beautiful, Melissa. Gorgeous and clean. Love it!

Oh, my heart breaks for both families. It is such a tragedy.