Wednesday, July 30, 2014

♥ Beach Memory Jars ♥

Hi there everyone!! I hope you are enjoying your day so far! Today starts a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog! It's...ANYTHING GOES!!

This week the Simon Says DT are showcasing products by Cas-ual Fridays and/or Technique Tuesday. You don't have to use them but if you have them, we would love to see them! ;) Since it is Anything Goes this week,  I decided to make something other than a card. We go to the beach about 2-3 times a week in the Summer and EVERY time we go, my kids find shells and just have to take them home. I could probably start my own beach with all the shells we have. (Just need the sand!) So I figured why not make a little Memory Jar and matching candle with them.


I used the cute Beach Time Clear Stamp Set by Technique Tuesday to make them. Love the font that is used!


I just trimmed down some photos of my kids at the beach and added them to my sand filled jar.


I used lots of May Arts Natural Twine on the jar as well as some seam binding, more shells, burlap and Doodlebug White Pearls.  I stamped the "beach" words onto some die cut tags made from the Simon Says Stamp Tiny Tags Die Set.  I even stamped directly onto some of the shells.


The candle was just made with a simple mason jar, sand, shells, candle and more of the twine, pearls and stamped tag. This would make a quick and easy gift for someone.


And don't forget, the super sweet and generous Heidi will give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!





Have you seen the new Simon Says Stamp Store Website?? It looks amazing! You can see it for yourself HERE! Happy Shopping!! :)


And lastly, my Giveaway Winner is....Marcie Thomas! Marcie please shoot me an email with your snail mail addy and I will get your prizes right out to you! (keepsakesbymelissa@yahoo.com) Congratulations!! Thank you to everyone who joined the giveaway!

Have a wonderful day!

hugs...


25 comments:

CathyinMN said...

What a clever idea! Such a fun way to preserve good memories, and it turned out great!

Jingle said...

Melissa, you knocked it out of the park with this one! Such a clever idea and it looks fabulous! I love it!

Lin said...

What a fantastic creation, Melissa! Love the stamping on the shells!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful idea and grat work!
Congrats to Marcie!

jenn shurkus said...

awwww love these :) chris and I collect shells and treasures every weekend when we are at the beach.. i need to put together something like this!!

Lorraine A said...

WOW ! these are fabulous melissa !! I love the memory jar with the photo's,, what a brilliant idea and the candle is gorgeous too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Carol McCready said...

Saw your project on the Simons Blog.
I think they're fabulous.

DIANA L. said...

Super Melissa I love the pictures in the sand what an awesome idea. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Ohhh Snap said...

LOVE this project!

Heather said...

What brilliant creations Melissa, I love the whole photograph 'album' beautiful details and elements!!!
A stunning candle jar and what gorgeous sand - not like here!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!!

Carol L said...

You are something else to create these incredible projects! WOW! I love them both, and what treasured keepsakes they'll become through the years! Well done!

Carol L said...

You are something else to create these incredible projects! WOW! I love them both, and what treasured keepsakes they'll become through the years! Well done!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a fun project! Very special!

lisa808 said...

Super fun and creative projects.

Pamela said...

Congrats to you, Marcie! You're a lucky Gal!
I luv the beach projects, great inspiration! Thanks

Stephanie said...

What an adorable idea! Love this summer treasure! How fun :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Melissa! super cool project, luv this! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Sherrie K. said...

What a great Memory jar! I love the adorable pictures! The shells and sand...so fun! I can see this beinbg a great gift idea for bringing to my brothers cabin...Love the idea!
your jar is beautiful to! Congrats to the winner!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Virginia L. said...

This absolutely ROCKS, Melissa! Love your use of jar, candle in mason jar and sand. A fabulous keepsake indeed! Love your precious photos!

Alina said...

how lovely, Melissa, and you found the right photos for this project!!! really adorable!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, these are amazing and such a great idea. I love the candle ! I shall be looking out for shells and bringing some sand home from my holiday !

Jo x

cheiron said...

I absolutely love this beach jar Melissa!!! The photos of the kids are so cute and it's such a great keepsake. I need to make one of these!

Francine said...

Amazing! Love this so much! Wonderful idea and creation!

Caryn said...

Melissa I have never seen anything like this before - what a fantastic keepsake. I adore it!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx