Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wedding Cake Boxes

I know it is not wedding season, but I am so hooked on that show "Amazing Wedding Cakes" on the WE channel! I just had to make these pretty boxes that resemble a wedding cake.

The boxes are Paper Mache that I picked up in Michael's awhile back. That beautiful and elegant paper is by Webster's Pages. And all the flowers and butterflies are Inque Boutique stamps. I used some sheer ribbon, pearls and buttons to dress it up. On the box tops, I wanted it to stay the natural color of the boxes but I just dressed it up a little by running my white ink pad across the tops, just to pick up a little bit of white color.

WOW! What a turn out yesterday in the polls!! Amazing night!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs, Melissa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wedding cake box is quite pretty and orignal. once agin you did a great job. (and yes and the turn out yesterday was huge. but the WRONG MAN WON HOPE we don't have to live like the do in CUBA and other countries now )!

E.T said...

the cake looks amazing!!!!!!!!

Jenny B in Indy said...

OMG girl, that is FABULOUS!!!

Babydoll said...

Very pretty and what a neat idea!!

Christine said...

This cake is darling! I just love the cut-out look of top on the middle cake. That's so cool! Beautiful work!

vena7 said...

tort piekny - super papiery.ma pani wspaniałe prace - ciesze sie ,ze tu trafiłam.