Monday, January 3, 2011

♥ Happy New Year ♥ TSTR #43

Happy New Year 2011! I hope you all had a wonderful start to the new year! I hope this year brings peace, joy and health to the world!

This week's theme at The Shabby Tea Room is called "Welcome to 2011"! You have to make a card or project using a total of 11 elements (layers, embellishments, etc). How fun is that!

I decided to make a Happy New Year's Ice Bucket and Champagne Glass. It can be used as a table decoration or given as a card. (The glass is the card and the bucket is the envelope!) Click on photos for better view!
I first hand drew the ice bucket shape on a piece of cardboard for stability. Then adhered a piece of white cardstock to the back of it. Only gluing the sides and bottom to create a pocket for the glass. I then covered the front with some My Mind's Eye Music paper, a satin ribbon bow, trim a Melissa Frances rub-on and some stick pins adhered to the sides to act as handles.
I then covered a glass shaped chipboard in some Lost and Found paper. I then added another rub-on, slathered on some glue, added lots of glitter, pearl trim and another handmade stick pin to act as a stirrer. (I know there is no stirrer in champagne, but it looks so darn pretty!;)
To finish it off, I added some punched squares from white cardstock, which I glittered up and added ice crystals to them. They are my "ice cubes"!
So my 11 elements are: Patterned papers, cardstock, cardboard, chipboard, pearls, ribbon, rub-ons, glitter, trim, handmade stick pins and punched squares!

This week's sponsor is Cosmo Cricket!!
The prize is a 6 x 6 paper pack of Garden Variety & Material Girl!
Now don't forget to check out the rest of the fabulous Shabby Girls:

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

And this week, we have not 1 but 4 Guest Designers at The Tea Room! Don't forget to check them out too!

Tangii Crain
Kristin Bueter
Audrey Pettit
Pam Imholz

And finally, I thought I would leave you with a pic of my two cutie-patooties! My Mom has been wanting a professional photo of all of us forever. So this Christmas, we finally did it! This pic is one of my favorites of our children! My 2 angels!
Have a great week!

Hugs...

11 comments:

Debbie said...

So clever and adorable ... the project and the kiddos :)

Loz said...

cute kids Melissa! Wish I could do shabby chic... even a bit would be great, but like you would be awesome! I love this ♥

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

cute prject. love it! adorable kids too!

Dianne said...

Your little angels are adorable !!

Great project 1!

Hugs,
Dianne

Darlene said...

Oh Melissa! Your creations are awesome but the TWO LITTLE creations at the end of your post are the most adorable of all! How blessed you are my friend ... not only in your craft but this beautiful family you have created! God Bless You and thanks for sharing!

Brenda Brown said...

HI Melissa
Love your gorgeous new year creation, it's so innovative.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful new year.
Best wishes for 2011 to you and your lovely family (that is just one fabulous photo).
Take care.
luv {brenda} xoxox

Anonymous said...

very cute so r the children. i am sure the pic will mean a great deal it is something very special.

Tammy said...

What a wonderful project....Love the papers!
Your picture of your little ones is just as cute as can be.
smiles...Tammy

Audrey Pettit said...

wow, Melissa! Your card is out of this world amazing! What a perfect theme for the New Year, and so beautifully done. I love the shape and all the detail and the gorgeous papers, and every little thing about this. :)

Mimi Pierre said...

Owwww ... your kids are so cute!
They are beautiful Melissa, his best works of art.
Kiss.

ArtzeeChris said...

The Champagne Glass Card with Ice Bucket Envelope is just brilliant! I love it! You two boys are adorable, such a great portrait!
Thanks for sharing!
Chris (ArtzeeChris
Artzee Chris' Cool Clipart and Graphics