Monday, December 27, 2010

♥ Shabby Chic Baby ♥ TSTR #42

I hope that you all had a very magical and wonderful Christmas! Our Christmas was awesome! It was our little one's 1st Christmas and our other son's 5th Christmas. It is so wonderful to see Christmas again through a child's eyes! No stress, just innocence and magic in their eyes!

This week at The Shabby Tea Room, the theme is "Shabby Chic Baby". You must use this gorgeous inspiration photo to create a card or project and you must use fabric somewhere on it too! How fun!
I decided to make a little picture frame wrapped in fabric, a little photo holder made from a little wooden block, also draped in fabric and a card for the special little one with a handmade flower out of fabric.
The frame is a $1 frame from Michael's, which I just starting wrapping it with a strip of fabric. Securing it with a hot glue gun. Simple!
The photo holder is a wooden block I also picked up at Mike's for 99 cents. I cut out squared pieces of fabric and adhered it to the block, again with a hot glue gun. I then wound a white pipe cleaner around a small pencil to make the loops on the top to hold a photo. I then adhered it to the back of the block behind a piece of fabric. To finish it off, I added some trim and satin ribbon, a Melissa Frances rub-on, pp, and a heart button with pearl center. Simple!
Next for my card, I simple cut out some different size circles of fabric, sewed them together in the middle, added a heart button and pearl in the center and then attached it to some glittered wings. Added a satin bow, another heart button and a Melissa Frances rub-on. Simple!!
This week's sponsor is I Did It Creations. The winner will receive some beautiful Digi Images to play with!

Don't forget to visit the rest of the Shabby Girls!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs...

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!! This set is simply A-MAZING! I want it to come live in my pink house!!! Just outstanding work -- so shabby, so vintage ... so WONDERFUL!

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty great work as always now that I have the goodies my wonderful generous Hubby got me for Christmas now I can get started doing a lot more things. Our Christmas too was wonderful and magical with all of our wonderful grandchildren around it is always so very special.
Our Gracie is just so very Special with her being the youngest for now.
Have a wonderful and Special New Year.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs:o)

Dottie said...

my link and name didn't show sorry

PetraB said...

This is adorable, so sweet.

kroliki-klamber said...

This is adorable, so sweet,simply AMAZING! so shabby, so vintage ... so WONDERFUL!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Beautiful gift set! Your creativity always amazes me! Well done my friend! Happy New Year! I look forward to being WOW'd by you even more in 2011! Enjoy!

Aussie Loz said...

OMGosh!! These are all just stunning, I can't believe you referred to them all as simple!! Would have taken ages and well worth it. I love them ♥

Sherry Wright said...

Amazing Melissa, so much shabby goodness! Have a happy New Year. :)

Kim. said...

Oh my these are totally adorable, love how the frame turned out.
Kim xXx