Wednesday, December 22, 2010

♥ Vintage Christmas ♥

When I saw this week's theme over at the City Crafter Challenge blog, I fell in love! "Vintage Christmas!" Love it! The inspiration photo is of Aspen, Co. Have you ever been? It is gorgeous there. Especially at Christmas time! All the old street lights decorated with garland and wreaths! It's like you are walking back in time in Bedford Falls ("It's a Wonderful Life", my favorite movie of all time!)
I decided to make a box with an old vintage style ornament on top. I removed the eye hook and string and then hot glued him to a wooden box. The box is decorated in some Making Memories Noel paper. I then added a Melissa Frances rub-on to the front of the box as well as some bottle brush trees drenched in Ice Crystal glitter, cotton balls for snow, scrunched seam binding ribbon, trim and a little handmade Xmas Trees for Sale sign.
Here is the beautiful inspiration photo of Aspen, CO. And wait until you see the prize up for grabs on the City Crafter blog? Oh, my!! Gorgeous!
I am also using the following other challenge for this:

~ Moxie Fab World: Glitter is Glam Challenge

Well, this will probably be my last post until after Christmas. I will be back then with my End of the year giveaway that you won't want to miss! Have a wonderful and magical Christmas!

Hugs....

16 comments:

Larisa said...

So nice musical box! I have never seen a real musical box anywhere here... They are never for sale here.. )))

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Dottie ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ said...

We with you and your a very Merry Christmas. I use to live to Colorado many yrs ago and it is just a magical place. Even in the summer the mountains top are covered with snow it is just so very beautiful
~ God Bless ~
Hugs:o)

Liszha said...

you just make the loveliest stuff! Can't believe how cute this is.
have a great christmas!
Lisette

Ros said...

Another stunner Melissa ... and yes the prize is gorgeous ... would love to win it too! thanks ever so much for playing along again at CCCB

FredaB said...

This little box is just beautiful.

I hope you win.

Hugs

FredaB

Brenda said...

What a beautiful little box. My granddaughters would love it! Merry Christmas!

Ksu said...

Вeautiful!!
очень красиво!!!

Evgenia said...

I am in love with your creations, please check your email, I sent you an offer)
thank you.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, I love this vintage christmas box, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at CCCB! Have a magical christmas!!!

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is another adorable box and with the vintage feel it looks amazing.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Kim xXx

PetraB said...

This box is absolutely darling, love the vintage feel.

Sherry Wright said...

Oh Melissa, this is amazing. I'm in love!! :)

Sherry Wright said...

Oh Melissa, this is amazing. I'm in love!! :)

Melissa said...

This is gorgeous, I havent left messages before, but I regularly visit and love your blog, I have a blog award on my blog for you http://beedevinedesigns.blogspot.com/
Will be back to visit soon :)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Dottie ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ said...

UPDATE: Thought you and your Followers would like the Info I got today from the Mgr at Michaels.. the "Cricut Cake" has been Discounted they are now selling for $49.00 just to get rid of them. the cutters are 14.00 each. I was told people have had way too many problems with them, so the Company stopped making them and selling them. so anyone that has them I am sorry for you all wasting all that Money
But do have a very Happy new Year...
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)

Cath said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks again for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)