Monday, December 13, 2010

♥ I'm a Shabby Girl! ♥

I just found out this morning that I am now a member of The Shabby Tea Room Design Team! I have been a fan of this challenge blog since the first day it started! It has the most fun challenges and wonderful inspiration. Debbie and her design team are so wonderfully creative. It is an honor and thrill for me to be a part of it!
I made this Snow Globe for the Design Team Call.
I wanted to make something quick and fun for this week's challenge, "Warm and Snuggly", which is to use this inspiration photo of stacked pieces of felt and to make a card or project with felt or fleece on it.
I made a quick and easy gift card holder. I first drew a stocking onto some white cardstock and cut it out. This is to be my base. I then cut out some red felt, the same size as the stocking and adhered it to the paper with a hot glue gun, only gluing the sides and bottom. You have to leave the top open for the card. I then cut out a white piece of fleece and adhered it to the top of the stocking. I then decorated it with some roping, white fleece heart, blue felt tag, K&Co. tag, Christmas pick, Melissa Frances rub-on and ribbon.
This only took minutes to make. So, they can be made quickly and easily when you need something fast. They can be filled with a gift card, money or even candy.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the Shabby Girls and to visit The Tea Room! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs....

25 comments:

Tanya said...

woo hoo, congrats!!

Pattie said...

Oh this is so cute Melissa! Congrats on becoming a Shabby Girl! You will love working with Debbie! Can't wait to get to know you!
Hugs,
Pattie

Debbie said...

Absolutely sweet and adorable!! What a fabby idea for gift cards this holiday season :) Welcome to the team ... we're all so happy to have you on board as one of the Shabby Girls :)

JustYolie said...

Congrats!!! :)

Aussie Loz said...

congrats on the DT - I just love your snowglobes!!
Gorgeous little stocking, what a great idea ♥

ajkulig said...

Congrats on the DT! Super cute GC holder!

Magnolia (Edith) said...

Super!!!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

uauu parabéns!

2amscrapper said...

Congrats!

Karelj said...

Congrats! You'll be an asset to the team!
I'm in the middle of a 24 Days of Cards on my blog, where I show some of the cards I made this year. There are also two days left to enter my December Card Challenge...my blog is http://karelj.blogspot.com and the Challenge info is on a page at the top of the blog. I hope you'll enter...your gift card is perfect for it! The prize this month is a Gingerbread cartridge! Karelj

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Dottie ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ said...

Congrats Melissa~ your Home looks beautiful! you have done an amazing job~ I did a Birthday card with felt its is posted on my blog take a look .
Have a Very Merry Christmas
& a Happy New Year


http://somethingcraftybydottie.blogspot.com/

Sharon said...

Super cute, girl.

Carmen said...

Congratulations! You'll do wonderful things for them I'm sure!

angelique (anlou) said...

congrats sweetie on your dt member job
i just love your creations
hugs angelique

Kim. said...

Congratulations on the design team place, it is well deserved.
Love the stocking gift card holder, so cheerful and fun.
Kim xXx

lisa808 said...

Congrats & another beautiful snowglobe!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking around for a good limewire alternative as they seem to be hard to come by these days ever since limewire as shut down..

anyways check the one below that i found and let me know what you guys think!

The best[url=http://limewirealternative.org] Limewire Alternative[/url] for file sharing needs that I could find!

marianne-g said...

Congrats! Your designs are so creative.

PapierGirl said...

Darling Melissa and perfect for holiday gift card giving! Welcome to the team! :)

Gina said...

Congrats Melissa! You so fit in there at the Shabby tea room! Your projects are so awesome! Nice way to start off the holidays!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Your son looked so darling in that photo!

*gina*

Sherry Wright said...

Congrats Melissa, and wow that snowglobe is SOOO fab!!!

Sherry Wright said...

Congrats Melissa, and wow that snowglobe is SOOO fab!!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Huge congratulations Melissa! LOVE the snowglobe and this stocking gift card holder is amazing! GREAT job! Happy Holidays!

Cheri Wenger said...

Fantastic snow globe and huge congrats on the DT, but honestly, how could they not choose you? Woohoo, Melissa! What a nice way to start the New Year.

http://asiscrapki.blogspot.com/ said...

wow!