Friday, December 10, 2010

♥ Little Ice Skater Christmas Box ♥

I love to make decorative boxes for either display or to give as gifts and they are even better when you use recycled or repurposed items. I made this little gift box out of a paper mache box that I had laying around for awhile which I covered in some papers, crocheted ribbon and pink trim. On the top of the box I glued an ornament, which I removed the string from it, and then for my "snow" I used some cotton balls which I spread out and then added some glitter and ice crystals to it.
I finished it off with a satin pink bow, tag, bakers twine, Melissa Frances rub-on and a jingle bell that fell off of an old ornament. I painted it white and then sprinkled on some glitter.
I used the following challenges:

~ Papercraft Star: "Green Holidays" - use recycled or repurposed item(s)
~ The Shabby Tea Room: "'Tis the Season" - Holiday Gift item
~ Crafty Cardmakers: "Spotlight on Tags"
~ City Crafter: "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, let it Snow"
~ Really Reasonable Ribbons: Anything but a card, Winter Theme
~ Simon Says Stamp and Show: Holiday Greeting
~ Paper Play Challenges: Holiday Tag

The winner of my Snow Globe giveaway is Sarah Tedesco. Sarah please email me your snail mail addy! I will be having my End of the Year Giveaway real soon!

Lastly, last Sunday was our son Santino's Christening It was a beautiful day filled with love and family and friends. Here is a pic I put in the little ornament frames I used as favors.
Have a wonderful day!

Hugs....

27 comments:

Juls said...

what a gorgeous project!!! but totally overshadowed by your sons picture!!! that is just soooooooooo gorgeous!!! Just perfect, I can see it as a feature on a page of some future albumn!!!!! Hugs Juls

Dora said...

Awww this is gorgeous, you are so creative but your son's is so totally adorable, love those eyes xx

Kimberly Anne said...

Melissa, what a pretty project! I really like how you created snow from cotton balls! Thanks for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

♥...Mo...♥ said...

is a beautiful project
but I can not see the beautiful eyes of your baby
and her little smile ... too adorable

Teri said...

Oh my gosh, how darling, darling is your little guy!! And I mean your son!!!! LOL!! He is too precious!!!!
Your box is GORGEOUS!! It amazes me what you come up with!! LOVE it!!
Teri

One4Joy said...

super cute project. And the ornament has such great scale for the box.

Kelly Massman said...

Congrats to your so lucky winner! Your work is so gorgeous--she should be shouting for joy!!!
Anyway, lovely project, and I really enjoyed the photo of little Santino!! :-)

Tracy said...

Your little box turned out so cute Melissa. :) Love the little vintage ornament. That pic of your son is just adorable. :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a stunning project. Love it. And little Santino is adorable. Thanks for playing with us over at Papercraft Star.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my, that is a cutest thing, lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Liszha said...

Girl, this is sooooooooooo beautiful. I love, love, love it and feel so inspired to make something like it myself.
Hugs,
Lisette

Lin said...

OMG Melissa, here you go again just blowing us out the water with your amazing work.

Thanks for joining in with our Spotlight on Tags at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

PS Your Son is just adorable!

Cheri Wenger said...

You are the true master of beautiful gift boxes. Just love the ice skater. so clever. And you put the hughest smile on my face with that simply precious photo of Santino. Adorable!

Ros said...

Gorgeous gift box! and what a cute little baby you have ... fabulous picture ... thanks for sharing at CCCB

Emora Designs said...

What an adorable little gift box! That ornament is so pretty! Great job! Thank you for joining us at Papercraft Star this week!
Regan

Céline et Nathalie said...

Too fun project!
Thank you for playing at PaperPlay this week
hugs
céline

Terry said...

Thank you for joining us, we are really pleased that you joined The Designteam for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge,wit your wonderfull altered box. I too love to alter things....and yours is beautifull....Thank you and hope you wil have a fab weekend. Hugs Terry xxxx

cbuswell said...

Love it! thanks for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Sleepy Stamper said...

This is such a super cute box! I love all the little details and that oh so perfect bow!

Debbie said...

GOR-JUS, Melissa! I {heart} the sweet and shabby box you've created and the vintage inspired ornament is so adorable! Thanks for sharing your work with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Pattie said...

Oh so sweet - I love this box! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

What a gorgeous gift box! That's one adorable boy you have there too! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Cor* said...

OMgosh this is just stunning. So much attention to detail and such a soft creation! A beautiful picture of your little one as well! Thanks for sharing your tagalicious creation with the Crafty girlz at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight! Good luck! Little Miss Neat (Corry)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

A lovely piece of work and sure to be appreciated by a lucky recipient! I especially like the little figurine and the frosty jingle bell! So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Linda Robinson said...

What a lovely creation you have made.. I also think that photo is too cute. It put a smile on my face.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cheryl Nelson said...

perfectly lovely! Lovin' that cute photo! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Drea said...

Merry Christmas my dear! I am loving that picture of Santino!! What a CUTIE!!

I pray all is well with you and yours during this holiday season.

HUGS