Monday, December 20, 2010

♥ Gingerbread House ♥ TSTR #41

This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is called "Scandinavian Christmas". For my DT sample, I decided to make a "gingerbread house" out of a house shaped cookie tin. I first adhered some My Mind's Eye, Lost and Found paper onto the tin. I then added some white paint and glitter to the paper to give it a "frosty" look. I then added some Creative Imaginations Corrugated Kraft Cardstock for the roof, which I also added some white paint and glitter to it. I also added a Candy Cane as the chimney, ice crystals, punched MS snowflakes, ribbons, Melissa Frances Resin Lock and rub-on, some Jenni Bowlin butterflies drenched in snow glitter, snowflake and pearl trim, punched hearts, Maya Road chipboard heart and swirl, number stickers (my house #), and to finish it off, I added a gingerbread man cookie cutter which I adhered some more kraft cs, punched heart, bow, glitter and Melissa Frances key. (Click on photos for a better view!)
On the back of the tin, is a Gingerbread Man Cookie recipe. I purposely left the back unfinished, so you could see this.
For the card, I used some more kraft corrugated cs as my base, which I painted white and added snow glitter to. The super adorable gingerbread house, is a Digi Stamp from this week's sponsor, Digital Delights by Louby Loo. I colored it in with some Copics, then added more snow glitter and ice crystals to it. I finished off the card, with some ribbon, candy cane, punched snowflakes, piece of white felt, pearls and a rub-on, which I placed directly on the ribbon itself.
We would love for you all to come and play along with this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. The winner will receive a $10 g/c to the Louby Lou store.All the Digi images are super adorable!!
Here is this week's inspiration photo. Use the photo to create a card or project with the colors and patterns.
Now don't forget to visit the rest of the Shabby Girls!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Have a wonderful and very Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all get whatever it is you wished for! :)

Oh, yeah! And my BIG End-of-the-Year Giveaway post will be up shortly! So stay tuned for that! :)

Hugs & Kisses to you all!


I am using the following challenges for this:

~ Moxie Fab World: Glitter is Glam Challenge
~ City Crafter: Kraft Creations, CCCB Week #35
~ Flutterby Wednesday: #135
~ Stacey's Stamping Stage: ACT61 Merry Christmas
~ Top Tip Tuesday: Christmas Inspired Challenge
~ The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog: #16 Pearls or Gems

30 comments:

Magnolia (Edith) said...

This is gorgeous :)

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Melissa, I thought I would log on and say hello to a few friends. Sorry I still have got time to pop over regularly, with Mum in hospital, but I see you have been busy making and creating lovely things. I love this tin and card - such quality.
If I don't get to visit again this week, have the most wonderful Christmas, and enjoy the festive season with family and friends.
Take care, keep warm and well. Luv {brenda} xoxox

Aussie Loz said...

such a gorgeous project Melissa, thanks for reminding me to think outside the 'tin' too!! I love it! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas ♥

Pattie said...

Wow Melissa - this is a fabulous set! I love all the glitter and this little gingerbread house is so sweet! Great idea with the gingerbread man! Have a great holiday!

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Melissa :) This is an amazing set! I'm so happy you've joined the Shabby Girls DT -- your work is simply out of this world GOR-JUS!!!!

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Really beautiful
I love the detail of the cookie recipe

Sarah Mullanix said...

This is just fantastic!! Congrats on your new DT! :)

Ros said...

These are just too beautiful for words ... they absolutely blew me away ... anyone would be delighted to have you on their team ... well done to you

Nicole said...

Great set Melissa! You've out-done yourself this week! :) Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas! :)

Ros said...

I just wanted to echo my previous comment and thank you so much for playing along at CCCB

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet, so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Sharon said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Linda Robinson said...

So many wonderful creations.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Viola Mahr said...

How beautiful Miss Melissa! I love your warm, soft, homespun creations. Just how I like it!

hugs,
Vio

Betty Wright said...

Melissa, this is just over the top scrumptious! Beautifully done and detailed! Lovely work!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Perfectly fabulous! LOVE this in EVERY way! THanks for joining us at CCCB!

Kim. said...

Oh my goodness this is just spectacular love everything about these items.
Have a lovely Christmas.
Kim xXx

Cheri Wenger said...

You nailed this challenge! Wow, so gorgeous, girl, and creative too! Merry Christmas and hugs!

lisa808 said...

This is awesome. The decorated tin looks beautiful and I love the recipe on it.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Beautiful projects! I also wanted you to know that you've been added to the Friends of Papercraft Star list... thanks so much for promoting Papercraft Star...we appreciate your support!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Wow Melissa! This project is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I LOVE the gingerbread house and the matching card is just precious! I can always come to you for inspiration!! FANTASTIC!!

Merry Christmas to you & your family my friend!! WOW! LOVE THIS!

Anita said...

Awesome!! Great Job!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Merry Christmas! Anita

Michele Gross said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! How fantabulous is this??!! Absolutely gorgeous and so, so fun!! Best gingerbread house ever!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG...Melissa!!! This house and card is FABULOUS!!! I totally love this idea!!! Thank you for playing the Curtain Call colors with us!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! Hugs ~S~

Patricia said...

It's not a card!! I love it. Im all about 3D projects and this is awesome. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Beary Sweet Challenges. Happy New Year. This is just an FYI and may not apply to you but I'm putting on all my comments but rembember if you not a follower to become one we have had to not choose some really awesome projects because people didn't follow that would have won.
~Patricia
TBS DT

Jamie said...

Melissa, wow! This is just incredible. Great idea, gorgeous project. I love it! Thanks for joining in our Beary Sweet Challenge! Good Luck!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

beadz said...

What fun projects! Thanks for joining us at the Beary Sweet Challenge - We hope to see you again!
Good luck!
Gini

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Wow! That sound you just heard was my jaw dropping to the floor. Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

Cath said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

http://asiscrapki.blogspot.com/ said...

sweety ginger...