Monday, December 19, 2011

♥ A 'Krafty' Christmas ♥

Can you believe it is Christmas week already? Just 6 more days! My oldest son is counting the seconds until he can open up his presents from jolly old Saint Nick!! What a wonderful, special time of year!


This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is called "A Krafty Christmas". It is to create a card and/or project using kraft, red, newsprint/ad and silver papers and it also must include a star. This is one of my all-time fave color combos for this time of year. And with the addition of the newsprint/ad paper, it is just a wonderful combination!


This week the DT got to play with some beautiful digi stamps by Bugaboo Stamps. I chose this adorable stamp called Winter Circle Sentiments - Warm Wishes. I love those adorable mittens. This stamp is perfect not only for Christmas but for any type event in the winter months. I colored it in with some colored pencils, added lots of glitter and some Liquid Pearls.


The papers I used are by Echo Park (the Christmas Ad paper), Magnolia (newsprint) and Teresa Collins (red polka dots). The beautiful silver sparkle paper is from Michael's. I added some little gem stars to the center of the punched snowflake and in the corner of the card.


The winner of this week's challenge will win 7 digi images of their choice from Bugaboo Stamps!


And here is the beautiful inspiration photo for you!



Don't forget to leave some love for the other Shabby Girls too! ;) Their projects this week are just beautiful!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie
Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog
Charlene Cundy - Expressions of Me!
Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

Have a sweet day!

Hugs...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I really like that back ground news print paper with the stamp and the bow snowflake. Nicely done! :) Lori m

busymartha said...

Wow, your papers are lovely! Your bow is sweet with the snowflake! Merry, merry, Marilyn

Knerten said...

Beautiful card, Melissa. Love the DP, and the bow is perfect :-)

Tanya said...

just beautiful! loving the vintage feel, that paper is fabulous, I need to get some, lol!

Annette Allen said...

WOW I LOVE IT...

Esther said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Brenda Brown said...

Such a darling card Melissa, the colours and design are just perfect.
Sorry I haven't been around, work has taken over my life at the moment, but I am now off until the new year.
Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and a happy, healthy and peaceful new year.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous card Melissa! I love color combo and bow with snowflake.
Merry Christmas!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Melissa. This card is really cute. I also thought of something when I saw the photo above. If you ever want some of those vintage wooden spools, please let me know. I get them So cheap (like 10 for $1.00) and I use them on all kinds of projects. Just let me know, and I can send you some. I can see where you would be pretty creative with them. Hope your Christmas is happy and blessed.
Karen

Crafty Loops said...

You never cease to amaze me Melissa. You are so talented and have such an amazing ability to look at that gorgeous photo and come up with a stunning creation. Im afraid I just dont have that ability in my crafting! This card is really gorgeous, I love the beautiful papers. Lee xx (Ps. I have candy on offer, in fact 6 surprise candies up for grabs for my current followers if you want to enter) xx

Maria said...

Beautiful card!!! Merry Christmas to you and family...take care!!:-))

Chriss America Real said...

Wow! How did you tie such a perfect bow? This card is just lovely!

Chriss