Friday, June 3, 2011

♥ Grown with Love ♥ {Cracked Glass Technique}

This week's Make it Monday challenge at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, Capture the Moment, is to use the cracked glass technique. This is alot of fun to do and very easy! You can see a How-To video HERE.


I used Papertrey Ink's new stamp set called Garden Variety as well as the new Seed Packet Frame and Picket Fence Dies. (LOVE these!) I stamped some grass and flowers "inside" the packet and then added several layers of clear embossing powder. I then put it in the freezer for a few minutes, took it out and then bent the paper back and forth to add the cracks. I then adhered the packet frame over it. SO FUN!


I also used some Girls Paperie paper, seam binding ribbon, mini roses, hemp cord, MS punched butterflies and some Liquid Pearls.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs...

14 comments:

Yolka said...

wow! what a cute and tender card! wonderful!
hugs
Yolka

Amy said...

This is just beautiful! I love how you incorporated this technique into the card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, I lurk a lot and get lost looking at all the beautiful things you make. Love the shadow box, might have one here not being used.

:) Lori m

Brenda Brown said...

Just beautiful Melissa. Lovely colours and design as usual.
Sorry I haven't stopped to leave a comment for a while but Blogger is till playing me up - I do watch what you are doing from my dashboard though.
I hope you and the family are well.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Nora Anne said...

What a beautiful card and a fun technique. I've never tried this, but will have to give it a go soon! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Linda Breedlove said...

This card is soooo pretty. I love those little embroidered flowers... just the perfect touch!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Melissa! LOVE your very pretty tag, and thank you for sharing the link to the video!.. Have a great weekend! ~tina

Claudia said...

wow, that's so kool, I'll be sure to try doing that... although I'm not sure I'll get the same fab. outcome u did.... but I'll try...
thanks for sharing the link..
Claudia W.

Marybeth said...

This is a beautiful !

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card! Love how you used the cracked glass... looks perfect with that new PTI image and die. :o)

Sherry Wright said...

Wow, just gorgeous!!

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Woow... Es preciosa, me encanta la pequeña cerca y las mariposas
Saludos

Joy said...

How gorgeous and elegant, love your technique here...stunning card, congrats on the tweet.

Sudha said...

Fabulous creation dear.