Wednesday, March 14, 2012

♥ Simon Says....A Bit O' Green ♥

This week's challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is sure to get you green with envy!! Just make any type creation with green on it! It can be a St. Patty's Day card or whatever you like!


This week the SS DT are featuring products by Hero Arts! I chose to make a cute little shamrock out of some stamped little hearts from Hero Arts Buttons clear stamp set. I just stamped 4 hearts, cut them out, glued them together at the bottoms and then added some chunky glitter and a piece of twine for the stem.


I also used a sentiment from another Hero Arts Clear Stamp Set called Essential Messages as well as some Hero Arts Light Green Accent Pearls.


There are also some Spellbinders Dies on there as well, Scallop Circle Dies and Labels Twenty Dies. And lastly, to finish it off, I used some ribbon, trim and papers from the new Dear Lizzy line, Neopolitan by American Crafts.


As always, Heidi will generously give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!




Have a super fabulous day!

17 comments:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Melissa, love the Shamrock.
I hope you are feeling better hunny
hugs Mandy xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Melissa :-) I LOVE the way you made the shamrock ! I have seen hearts used before but I always forget ! everything about this is fabulous ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

hope you feel better soon xx

Crafty Loops said...

Melissa this card is beautiful, perfectly Irish.....Just like me! lol.....well, maybe Im not so perfect but Im certainly Irish, heehee. I love the music paper and the Shamrock is gorgeous. I love the idea of making it out of hearts, very clever indeed. Lee x

Tina said...

Beautiful colors...cute papers to

Tina

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

The layering is absolutely stunning in this card, Melissa! I also love this sage green color that you chose!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

trisha too said...

Beautiful St. Pat's creations, Melissa!!

:)

Elise said...

Oh my gosh Melissa! Your work is truly GORGEOUS! I've been looking at your recent cards, and again I'm blown away by your amazing creativity! I love the soft shabby feel to your creations .. completely breathtaking!!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Becky B. said...

Fantastic card...that shamrock is super cute, and I love the green bow - nice touch! :)

Jennifer said...

Melissa,

Your card is gorgeous!!! :) I love the way you distressed the edges of that great paper!

Thank you so much for sharing,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

nice blog!
I love all of them
from Chile
c@

Tkat said...

love your card! great use of the hearts to create the shamrock. :) sweet and pretty :)

Unknown said...

Great card! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Kelly Massman said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Great job on this card, Melissa. I always get inspired by your DT work for SSS. I've actually made three cards for the current challenge. This is my lucky week - I can just feel it. LOL
Hope you're having a great week!
Blessings,
karen

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card! Love the creative use of stamps & great design.

Hugs, Dawn

cats whiskers said...

Hi Melissa, loved this as soon as I saw it, so stylish and elegant
Hugs
Jacs x

Jennifer said...

I love how you've used your die cuts and that you've added the music! Beautiful bow and lace to!