Wednesday, March 7, 2012

♥ Simon Says...Mother's Day/Special Girl ♥

This week's challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is about that special woman/girl in your life! Just make a card for Mother's Day, a feminine birthday card, a bride-to-be, etc. As long as it's for a special lady, we want to see it!!


For this week's card, I used a beautiful clear stamp set by Crafty Secrets called 'Love You Mother'. Love the sweet images in this set including that fun "coupon". I will be giving this to the BEST mom in all of the world! Mine! She is the most unselfish, caring and loving person I have ever known. I have yet to meet one person who even comes close to being as wonderful as her. Love you so much Mom!!


I also used some beautiful papers from the new Echo Park Graceful 6x6 Paper Pad. (See my giveaway above!) Love the vintage feel they have!

And to finish off my card, I also used some Maya Arts Twill Ribbon, Liquid Pearls in White Opal, a Martha Stewart paper rose and a little gem on the crown.


Here is the inside of the card.



As always, Heidi will generously give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!



Have a super fabulous day!

12 comments:

Theresa said...

Love it! Enjoy your day, HUGS!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Melissa :-) the image is lovely and I just love the coupon and whole design ! stunning !! I am sure your Mum will LOVE this :-)

I do have to disagree with you tho ,, we must both have the worlds bestest Mum's cos mine has that title too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Crafty Loops said...

Awww Melissa your Mammy sounds really wonderful. My wee Mamma.....as we all call her is an incredible Mother. When her teacher was asking them all in class one day what they wanted to be when they grew up, most gave the usual answers of nurses, doctors, fire fighters....superhero's etc., and my wee Mamma said she wanted to be a Mammy when she grew up! Her teacher told her off and told her she had to be more than just a mammy. And my wee Mamma may have only been 7 but she stuck to her guns and argued and said that there was nothing wrong with wanting to be a Mammy and she would be one and have loads of children! Heehee, she certainly stuck to her guns anyway....5 kids later! I love this gorgeous card youve made. And the inside of your card is just as beautiful. Your Mum will love it no doubt. Lee x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful Melissa.
luv
Debby

Karen Moore said...

OH OH OH ... I'd be tickled pink to win this!!! Definitely would like to try to make some cards like yours - they're gorgious!!!

Sherrie K. said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I love the layering and the awesome colors! Very nice design:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning work, Melissa! I just love the way you tied up the gorgeous chevron ribbon in the middle!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Pam said...

?I love this card! Another stamp I really need because this is gorgeous!

Joy said...

Melissa this is just too beautiful, I love all the layers of pattern paper along with that big bow...those Crafty Secrets stamps are beautiful and you have captured this so stunningly..hugs

trisha too said...

Fabulous card, Melissa, the colors are wonderful!

:-)

Elise said...

Hi Melissa,

There is something so dear about your work that I find so comforting! The shabby chicness, the pastel colors that I absolutely LOVE, the distressed edges which give it an aged yet graceful feel ... sigh! So love your work and your blog! :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Jennifer said...

Oooh! Such a PRETTY bow!!! :) And another exquisite card!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Melissa!

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com