Thursday, March 22, 2012

♥ So Very Sweet ♥

I hope you all are having a very sweet Thursday! What a beautiful day it is here! Feels like Summer! Defintely put me in the mood to create a card using some bright and cheery colors!


I made my card using the current color challenge at The Play Date Cafe. Love this color scheme and what a fabulous inspiration photo! And make sure you check out who there awesome Guest and Sponsor is this week!  What a talented and special young man!!


I used some new papers by Echo Park as well as a lace applique, some seam binding, flowers and a stick pin pennant.

I was also inspired by this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room. It is to create a card using the same colors as well as a pennant, flag or banner. I just couldn't resist this sweet inspiration photo! It feels funny to be playing along as a participant and not on the DT!! :)

I hope you all have a fabulous nighty night!

hugs...

21 comments:

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, fab details. Hugs,Moni

Unknown said...

gorgeous! love the different elements and that beautiful bow :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

All the elements work perfectly together in your card. Blessings!

Theresa said...

Beautiful! Love that sweet card! Colors are precious! Have a blessed day, HUG!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Melissa this is so gorgeous! Love all of the beautiful details :)

Debbie said...

You've outdone yourself, Melissa! This is completely fabulous -- I love the vintage ticket and adore your take on the banner and flag! Thanks for sharing your creation with us in the Tea Room, sweetie :)

Crafty Loops said...

What a beautiful inspirational photo. And as always Melissa, your card is a stunner. The colours and papers are fab and I love the vintage ticket being the main focus on the card. Terrific card, I love it. Lee x

Becky B. said...

GORGEOUS!! I love, love, love the vintage colors and all of the details...just lovely! :)

Maria said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the details, esp. the heart lace...so pretty! Take care!

Sara said...

really, very sweet, lovely.

Elise said...

Oh my gosh Melissa! wowwwww, this is GORRRGEOUS! I love everything about this shabby card, the colors, the bow, the lace, the flowers .. and how that ephemera is the centerpiece of this STUNNING creation!!! So Love your style!

Big Hugs to you!
Elise

Anonymous said...

So cute Melissa!

Patrice said...

Love all the texture...please link up with me at 52 Card Pickup!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-12.html

Starr said...

What beautiful colors! I love your card and all the little details!

Thanks for playing alone at TSTR!

xoxo,

Starr

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Melissa. Love that ticket, the pretty flowers... The little flagg with the stick pin looks pretty nice too... oh, and the lace, just gorgeous.

Deb Hickman said...

Very pretty, I love the ticket.xxx

purple_pea_fran said...

Beautiful! Love the lace banner. It was really weird seeing your name in the TSTR participants list! Fran x

danni reid. said...

beautiful card melissa, love your clusters♥

Patty O'Malley said...

Gorgeous card!

Lenet said...

Gorgeous card LOVE the piece of lace you use as a banner. yhanks for joining us at the shabby tearoom.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOWZA! That bow is gorgeous! And I LOVE that lace!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)