Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some more Altered Christmas/Winter Boxes!

Here are a couple of more boxes that I altered. This first one is Santa's Sleigh which I covered in papers by Pink Paislee and My Mind's Eye. I added some snow covered branches, presents, a jingle bell, snowflakes, pine cones, ribbon, white Pom-Pom Trim, hemp cord and a button. The words are stickers by Me and My Big Ideas. And it is all loaded up with glitter!

And this next one is a wooden skate, you know one of those $1 wooden ornaments you are supposed to paint! I picked it up in Michaels for pennies. It came with a wire hanger on it, which I removed. I covered it in some Basic Grey snowflake paper, added some laces, which I made little x's out of hemp cord, and a bow with a jingle bell, a button and a glittered snowflake. The box is covered in Fancy Pants, Arctic Chill paper. For the box top, I simple covered it with some Aleene's Tacky glue and then poured tons of glitter onto it. Added some ribbon and Pom-Pom trim along the edge. And added some snow covered branches and white berries to it. To finish it off, I added a bow and another glittered snowflake.

Hope you like them!! They were inspired by Linda Albrecht's beautiful work.

My friend, Pat, who is just the sweetest I might add, is giving away two See D's Christmas Stamp sets on her blog, Color Your World With Me! Go and check it out HERE!

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and leaving me some love!
I hope you have a Wonderful Day!!

Hugs, Melissa

19 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them both.

Olena said...

Very nice, Melissa! You're rock girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

THey are both very nice .. you must be busy shopping and getting ready for Christmas next week we have our 8
adult children husband's and wife included and then the 10 grandchildren and 4 friends and us (2) as well for dinner. It will be great! I do all the cooking for Every Holiday just finished all the cookies Thank goodness.
Well you have a great night ! Hope you had fun in The City bet your Son loved it this year !.
Have a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of NEW YEAR with ALL your Family .

Nancy
Mountaintop,Pa
Love all the Snow were getting!!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

First Re: "Color Your World With Me"

Wow what a great Place and why don't you have a store like that with all you have done with your projects it would be perfect for A SAHM to run her own business its time Hubby put you in business , your new post is wonderful as it always is, We love them both not sure what one we like more.Toot toot for you again with your magic you do with each and every project.

hugs!!

Unknown said...

you are absolutely killing me Melissa! Wow!!

Eva said...

You are just killing me....they are gorgeous....hehehe...as I am typing, I just noticed, Ching said the same thing....hehehehhe. I swear I didn't copy her!

robin said...

awesome!! as always! Push that sleigh my way!! lol....

have a great night!

Leslee said...

You have an great blog. Love your amazing projects. Will be bookmarking your site to keep an eye on all you do. Thanks for sharing.

Leslee in MT

Darlene said...

Hey Melissa ...
Your projects are ALL gorgeous ... so creative & festive!! Thanks for sharing all your clever ideas with us!!!
Things are okay here (so far) and I want to wish you & yours a wonderful holiday season! Have fun and be safe!! Merry Christmas my friend!!

Anonymous said...

I bought my kids some of the sleds last year and they painted them and filled them with goodies for x-mas gifts, yours is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love them both they are so
AWESOME!!!!!
Your so very Lucky to have such a talent your a Gifted person sent by GOD .

God Bless you always

Elaine
Rainelle West Virgina

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE WORK.HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PEACEFULL HEARTFELT NEW YEAR 2009

GOD BLESS YOU

Anonymous said...

HOW LOVELY LIKE THEM BOTH VERY MUCH.. I KNOW YOU GUYS IN THE NORTHEAST HAS HAD SNOW AND IS EXPECING MORE THIS WEEKEND ... YOUR SO LUCKY
WERE GOING TO BE IN THE 40'S ON CHRISTMAS SURE WISH WE WOULD GET SOME OF THAT BEAUTIFUL WHITE STUFF "SNOW"
WE CAN ONLY HOPE.
WELL STOPPED TO SEE WHAT YOU POSTED THAT IS NEW AND THESE ARE REAL NICE I WILL CK BACK TOMORROW MAYBE WE WILL BE LUCKY AND GET TO SEE MORE NICE THINGS.
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND
MY GOODNESS JUST 6 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS ...
PAULETTE
PP.FL

Anonymous said...

morning :
Just stopped by to see what is new , these are both cute , was hoping to see more since I had not bee by in a few days but you must be busy shopping and getting ready for next week OMG CHRISTMAS IN JUST 6 DAYS !!
will be checking back before Christmas have a nice one. having a house full as usual .

Sandy
Edison, NJ

Casii said...

Adorableness! (is that a word?!?)

Anonymous said...

been checking but you still must be shopping nothing new, was hopeing that there would be well will stop back again. Got lot and lots of snow and am expecting a whole lot more looks like WE will have a White Christmas after all.
Nancy
Motuntaintop,Pa

Kafran said...

Super...Bravo

Anonymous said...

These are simply GORGEOUS, Melissa!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas filled with many blessings! :)

Anonymous said...

Omg melissa i need to check your blogs out moree offfen.. your stuff looks great . these are so sweet and beautiful. love them
Happy new year.
may 2009 brinng everyone in your family love peace and joy