Wednesday, January 9, 2013

♥ Simon Says...Black/White and a Splash of Color! ♥

Well, it's time to get back in the groove of things around here. Back to school (I miss my little guy)...all of the Christmas decorations are back up in storage...presents tucked away in their new homes...family went back to Italy...back to crafting! :)

It's time for a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! This time we want to see black and white cards with just a splash of color! I can't wait to see all of the elegant cards for this challenge!


This week the Simon Says DT are featuring products by C.C. Designs. I chose this fun stamp set called "Birthday Logos". It has the cutest images in it. Perfect for an adult or child's birthday! I stamped the images in Colorbox Top Boss embossing ink and then added some White Embossing Powder before heating it with the Heat Gun.


The beautiful papers are from The Good Life 6x6 Paper Pad by Fancy Pants. I also used Spellbinders Labels 22 Dies as well as the Fancy Postage Edges Dies. To finish off the card, I added some red glitter to the cherry with the Martha Stewart Glue Pen, Prima Crystal Hearts, black seam binding and some White Floss.


And don't forget, Heidi will generously give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!






Have a great day!






13 comments:

Kelly said...

I just love the chalkboard look of the image panel!

Esther said...

So cute!!!! LOVE the chalkboard!!!!!

joy said...

I'm still not in love with the chalkboard look that is showing up everywhere it seems. But, your card is one of the nicest ones I've seen using it. Maybe it will grow on me. . .

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Melissa :-) I DO love the chalkboard look and LOVE the red cherry ! a perfect little splash of sparkle :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

This is really pretty!

Lin said...

Love this beautiful minty green, Melissa - love how your card turned out!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Melissa!! I love the gem, such a pretty pop of color :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Melissa.
luv
Debby

Jo Nevill said...

Love your card Melissa, love the soft green with the black and white and your image is fabulous

Hugs

Jo x

Heather said...

Stunning Melissa, fabulous papers and I love your Logos and the fun 'cherry on the top'!!
hugs
Heather xx

Jennifer said...

Hi Melissa,

I saw this yesterday from my phone (when I got your email update), but had trouble commenting. So I couldn't wait to come back to tell you how much I LOVE your card!!! :) You really are talented!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Love your design! so cute!

Migdalia said...

Super Duper Cute!
Migdalia