Wednesday, October 23, 2013

♥ Pumpkin Kitty ♥

Hi there! Today is Wednesday and that means it's time for a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Halloween is just a little more than a week away, so that is our challenge to you this week...make a Halloween card and/or use Halloween Colors...
ORANGE...PURPLE...BLACK!


For my card today, I used this cute "Pumpkin Kitty" stamp by Impression Obsession. I just stamped it in black ink and colored in the images with some TH Distress Markers.


The papers I used are from the Pumpkin Patch 6x6 Paper Pad by American Crafts except the Purple Bat paper is by Magnolia. I die cut the papers using the Opulent Ovals Die Set by Spellbinders. I used some Foam Dots behind the die cut purple paper to raise the window out a bit.  The words were just cut from one of the American Crafts papers and matted onto a piece of orange paper. I finished up the card with some White Opal Liquid Pearls.


And don't forget, the super sweet and generous Heidi will give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!






Lastly, my NY Giants finally got a win! Woo-Hoo! LOL Unfortunately though, it was at the expense of the Minnesota Vikings. My husband and oldest son are Vikings fans! (I am taking the little one! He will be a Giants fan!!:) My husband took Antonio to his first NFL game last night for Monday Night Football at Metlife Stadium. He had a blast! They were sitting on the 40 yard line only a few rows up from the field. He was so excited! He wants to go back this weekend! Even though the Vikings won't be there! :) Here he is before the game started.


Have a wonderful day!!

hugs...


11 comments:

Lin said...

Love how this turned out! The images against the text really stand out!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful layers, Melissa! I love the shape of the window and those toothy pumpkins make me smile!

Lorraine A said...

very spooky card Melissa :-) I love the image,,, those toothy pumpkins are hilarious and the kitty with her tongue out ,, haha :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Laura Sterckx said...

This card is so cute and funny! I love the cat with her tongue out! Adorable!! xoxo

Jingle said...

Very cute Halloween card!

Heather said...

A fabulous card Melissa, great design and colours - your distressed fun images are brilliant, especially the cat - he cracks me up!!!

hugs
Heather xx

joy said...

Cute card, Melissa! Your son is a very handsome little guy - I'm sure he loved seeing the game LIVE!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card! I love the layering :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Chriss America Real said...

So cute!

Bonnie said...

Pretty pumpkins and papers and I love that kitty!

ScrappyKsue said...

Love the pumpkins.