Wednesday, September 19, 2012

♥ Simon Says...Emboss it! ♥

Happy Hump Day! I hope you all are enjoying your week so far! Only a couple of days left until the weekend! woot! woot! But since today is Wednesday, that means it's a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! This week we want to see Embossing on your cards! It can be either Heat or Dry Embossing or BOTH!


This week the Simon Says Stamp DT is featuring products by Stampendous! For my card I chose this new Cling Stamp by Stampendous called Butterfly Post. I first stamped it in some brown inks and then stamped it again onto another piece of cardstock. I cut the butterfly out of the second image and heat embossed it with some Aged Aqua Embossing Enamel by Stampendous. I love the pretty aqua color mixed with the gold. And to get a better effect with this embossing enamel, I heated it up from underneath.


I also used some beautiful papers by Prima from the new Tea Thyme 6x6 Paper Pack. These papers are so pretty and romantic. I also used a Heart Doily, Prima Typo Zipper, Prima Heart Crystal, seam binding and the "love" stamp is from the Exclusive Simon Says Stamp Set called Beautiful Words.


And, don't forget, Heidi will generously give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!






♥♥♥ And check this out!! ♥♥♥


And lastly, I feel horrible! I just realized that my post that I had scheduled on here for Friday, to announce my Giveaway Winner, never got published! Sorry about that! Blogger!! Ughh! So my winner is Candace who goes by the name Candy Frankie! Congratulations Candace! Please email me at keepsakesbymelissa@yahoo.com to claim your prize!

I'll be back soon with another Giveaway! :)  Enjoy your day!







20 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

WOW this is stunning Melissa.

Hugs Kelly

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Such a gorgeous design! :)

DIANA L. said...

Your card is so beautiful.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Melissa :-) the colours and details are all sooo pretty :-) I love the embossing :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Carroll said...

This is sooo beautiful, Melissa! I adore that butterfly! :) I've always wondered about that 'Aged Aqua' Ep but was afraid of what it might look like IRL, so I've held off. I think you just sold me on it! :)

Jingle said...

Melissa, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love this!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous layout, Melissa! I love the way you embellished :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lin said...

Love your romantic style, Melissa! Your papers and that lovely image are perfect together!

Jennifer said...

The style you've given this card is gorgeous! Love the stamp set and ribbon you used!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Pretty card!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Gorgeous card Melissa, this is one of my fave stamps and you've made it look so lush! :)

Sonia said...

Hi dearest creative friend, you have Made a wonderful card..so elegant and romantic:)
I love butterfly and lovely elements:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Patty O'Malley said...

Love this card! So pretty!

Is said...

Gorgeous card Melissa!
And congrats Candace!
Hugs from Spain

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card, Melissa! Love the soft, pretty colors and gorgeous flower!

Heather said...

Beautiful Melissa, your image is stunning and I love your beautiful details - so pretty!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Cheri W said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Melissa! Love that fabric flower...such a pretty touch!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful card Melissa.
luv
debby

Ellen Taylor said...

So pretty! Love the shabby feel!

Unknown said...

Lovely Card!