Wednesday, September 12, 2012

♥ Simon Says...'We're so Trendy'! ♥

Happy Wednesday! Today we have a new challenge for you at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! It's all about some of the new trends out there! Neon...Hexagons...Chevrons. We want to see any of the three on your cards! You can use all three, two of them or just one! As long as there is neon, hexagons or chevrons on your creation, you have a chance at winning a wonderful prize!



For my card, I chose to use, once again, the fabulous Chevron Stripes Die by My Favorite Things and the so very cool Hexagon Border Die exclusively by Simon Says Stamp. The papers are by Prima from the Romance Novel 6x6 Paper Pack.


I didn't do Neon but I tried to use some bright colors. I used some bright blue glittery Prima Crystal Hearts, Prima Rose, Prima Wooden Clock and that amazing Prima Typo Zipper which I distressed a bit with some brown ink.


That cool chevron striped heart is a clear stamp by Paper Smooches from the Geographic Set. I then finished off the card with some glitter, Liquid Pearls and hand dyed seam binding.


And, don't forget, Heidi will generously give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!






♥ I will be posting my Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Blog Hop Winner in just a bit! And my Christmas and Fall Giveaway Winner will be posted sometime tomorrow! :) Good luck to all!

♥♥♥ And check this out!! ♥♥♥



Be back soon!! :)





26 comments:

CathyinMN said...

Pretty card!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Jennifer said...

This is just so beautifully nostalgic! love the zipper pull and the clock! Those chevron strips are a perfect compliment to your papers!

Unknown said...

This is so Pretty Melissa , I love how you have used the Zipper tip and the ribbon and bow are just delightful well done , you have a lovely way with designs Hugs Elaine

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Melissa, so pretty, I so need some of those zippers now lol
hugs Mandy xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Melissa :-) the colours and details are so very pretty and perfect ,,, absolutely stunning ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sonia said...

Fantastic card my lovely creative friend:)
I like the colors combination and the gorgeous embellishments:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Rosalee said...

Beautiful card Melissa. Love all the details. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Unknown said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous, wonderful card! I love it!!! Hugs! Leah Ann

Emily H said...

Your cards don't cease to amaze me! How are you so talented? I am working on making more exciting cards, but being creative can be exhausting.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful layout and I love the way you embellished!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Ficou muito lindo, Melissa!
Parabéns!

Abraços,
Fabiana.

Kelly said...

this is so pretty. love the chevron heart!

Jessica Buffa said...

Love the chevron heart...great card! Really adoring all those zippers I have been seeing, too.
:O)
Jessica S

Patty O'Malley said...

Love this!

Loz said...

very pretty :)

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful! Love the soft romoance feel and how you've incorporated the chevrons in a more subtle way!

lisa808 said...

So pretty.

Heather said...

A beautiful card Melissa, your design and colours are borgeous - I love all the sensational details you have incorporated - you are brilliant at this.

hugs
Heather xx

Denise Goeldner said...

I was so happy to see I had won, just got out of hospital this afternoon due to heart problems, couldn't find where to email you for my prize. thanks so much Hugs Denise xx

Angela said...

Love how feminine your card is...gorgeous!

Renee V said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love that hexagon die and the papers are so pretty!!

joy said...

I LOVE this beautiful card, Melissa! You are so very talented! :-)

Lisa Carroll said...

So romantic and beautiful, as always, Melissa! Love how everywhere you look there is a little chevron or hexagon... such an amazing design! :)

cheiron said...

Trendy but timeless! I love this gorgeous card and all the fun elements.

Lin said...

Who knew trendy could also be so romantic? LOVE what you did here, Melissa!