Thursday, September 27, 2012

♥ Vintage Halloween with Crafty Secrets ♥

Halloween is right around the corner! Love this time of year! Pumpkins...cornstalks...mums...cool weather...spooky silliness! Love it all! Today is extra fun for me, because today is Autumn decorating day in the Bove house! My mom will be here shortly to watch the little one and then I am out to but all my mums, pumpkins, cornstalks, etc! Love it! I just wish it was cooler here! It's still warm and muggy! But cooler weather in the 60's is in the future forecast! Yay! Here is how I decorated the front porch last year. I'm gonna do the same except this time, I'm gonna add a bale of hay near the door and a few little odds and ends I picked up recently! ;)


Speaking of Autumn and Halloween, there is a fabulous new Creating with Vintage Halloween CD shipping out tomorrow by Crafty Secrets! And honestly, I can truly say, it has, without a doubt, the cutest Halloween papers, ephemera, Bingo Cards and images I have ever seen! For only $17.99, you will have endless Halloween papers and images for ever! Just print them out whenever you need them!  And they are all adorable! Have I said that already??


I made this witch's hat using some of the papers, tags and images from the CD. Just love the assortment of patterns and colors!



My Witch Hat is going to be on the CD Packaging! I'm so excited!! You can read more about what's on the CD HERE!


I also made some fun, quick and super easy little Treat Bags using the CD as well! Look at all of those amazing papers! And that's just a sampling of what you get!!


I just adhered some papers, which I either die cut or used some decorative scissors, to some glassine bags. You can also use some plastic baggies or brown paper bags as well.



I simply attached an eyelet to the bottom piece of the paper and then tied some twine through it and around the bag to secure them shut. Easy Peasy! These will be perfect for my son's class at his Halloween party.



You can order the CD today right HERE and it will be going out in the mail tomorrow! Happy Halloween Crafting!!

I would love to enter these into the "An Early Boo" Challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog!

hugs...


16 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

I love the way you decorated your front door and those awesome steps. I've always wanted to steps like that for holiday decorating. The witch hat is fabulous as well. Congrats on having your project featured on the packaging, very cool!!

Unknown said...

wow your house looks awesome....all your featured work is stunning hugs sassyxxx

Sonia said...

Fantastic projects my lovely friend:)
Your little pièce of house is fabulous and the sweets bags are gorgeous:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Patty O'Malley said...

Your entrance way looks beautiful. Love those Crafty Secret images.

lisa808 said...

Your witch hat is absolutely, totally fabulous!!! Congrats on having it included on the CD.

Your front entrance looks fab too!

Crafty Loops said...

Wow Melissa your front entrance looks incredible and these creepy creations. And how wonderful that one of them is being featured of the cd's packaging. Melissa Im terribly sorry Ive been MIA lately. My wee blog has been terribly neglected of late too. I just about got something on it the other day. Life just seems to be taking over and if you asked me how.....I can't think of a single thing thats eating up my days. It just seems to be everything, lol. I'm trying to get round everyone's blog. So sorry for me being so absent of late. Lee x

Sandy said...

Wonderful - did order it!!!
Sandy

Kelly said...

I love your front entry from last year, it is very inviting. I also love the witches hat, really neat cd to create with I will have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

Karen Letchworth said...

Darling, Melissa! I hope your son's class loves their treat bags as much as i KNOW you enjoy making these treats for him to create such precious memories. Your a good Mama making memories for the boys to cherish!
Have a great week, and I hope you can play along with us again soon at Word Art Wednesday.
Happy Autumn!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! I'm so glad you played this week! I love your witchs hat and all those awesome goodie bags!! Your front porch pictures are wonderful!!! !Thanks for sharing your fun hat and adorable bags this week at CCCB :-)

Ros Crawford said...

Love your creations and your porch looks fabulous! So glad you could join us this week at CCCB

Unknown said...

Looks like your all ready for Halloween.. LOVE you creations. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What adorable and fun halloween project, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cheryl said...

Lots of Halloween goodness going on your way! Your front porch is beautiful, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that witches hat! Congrats on making the CD cover! The goodie bags are cute, too.

Unknown said...

Yes I think it has been updated also, its a great way to write blog posts and it makes it much easier to write posts now and change the look of the fonts.burun estetigi

Yüz Germe said...

I found your website on another site. It helped me do my research on this topic. I have read most of them and got a lot from them. You are doing the great work!
Yüz Germe