Friday, June 11, 2010

♥ heartfelt thanks...A Window Card ♥ 2S4Y

I was starting to make a card for this week's fabulous sketch over at the 2 Sketches 4 You blog, when I saw today's Free for All Challenge over at SCS. I thought, "hmm..I might just have to do that on this card!" It was to make a Window card. I first adhered all my October Afternoon papers onto my card base. Then I painted a chipboard heart with some white acrylic paint...let dry...then distress the edges a bit with some brown ink...then add some ultra fine white glitter. I then adhered some twisted seam binding ribbon behind the heart and adhered the heart to the paper. Then I trimmed out the center f the heart all the way through the 4 layers. {No easy feat!}I then adhered some Webster's Pages paper to the inside of the chipboard heart, inked it up and added some glitter, then adhered it to the inside of the card. I finished it off with some Hero Arts heart pearls, a Melissa Frances rub-on and a bow on the front.
Here is the 2S4Y Sketch:I hope you have a wonderful and fun weekend!!

Hugs....

12 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and how you used the ribbon, so nice!

Shelley said...

I love this card. The colors are perfect. What a fabulous job you did.

Sylvia said...

Your card is lovely! I really like the way you used yur ribbon and the special heart shaped window! Good luck with your new baby!

Kate said...

Melissa - This is amazing! Wow!! SUCH a great card! I love the window, the papers, the ribbon - everything!

Fleer said...

Ooooh, how beautiful! Amazing card) You takioy beautiful style!

Monika Reeck said...

I love your ribbon sooo lovely...and this is an adorable card...good luck with the challenge..I just join the 2S4U too would you mind to see my blog...many thanks before ;) hugs, Monika

cnelson said...

fantabulous card!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Melissa. You did an amazing job.

Tona said...

I love how you made your window card. You do fantastic work!

Unknown said...

oh wow this is a cutie! Love the polka dot and newsprint!
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Kim. said...

What a beautiful card, love the soft colours and the papers used.
Kim xXx

Nina Macaulay said...

OMG!! what a beautiful card!! I love everything about it! The colours, the different textures, the design etc etc.
If I had made it I would find it very difficult to give away!

I wish you a good week.

Hugs Nina