Tuesday, February 7, 2012

♥ Treasures from the Heart ♥

I recently came across this wonderful blog called "Treasures from the Heart" and I must say I was so inspired and intrigued by the fabulous creations on there. Barbara, the owner, who besides being so sweet, is so creative and just does the most wonderful things with the most simple of things. I don't normally "push" other blogs onto people but you have to check hers out!


Here are just a couple of the things that inspired me.

Tea Bag Roses

Vintage Baby Shoes


Vintage Eyeglasses



She has the most wonderful and easy tutorials on how to make these lovely things as well as a ton of others!

You know I had to give those vintage eyeglasses a try!! Of course, they didn't come out as good as Barbara's, but I will try again! They really are so simple to make and they give such a sweet touch to any vignette. And I loved the idea of using an old Bible. I had my grandmother's old, torn, distressed and worn from good use Bible just tucked away in a drawer but now it is on display for all to see in my upstairs hallway along with a pair of "granny's old glasses!"
 

Thank you Barbara for your inspiration! You are a treasure!!

Hugs....
p.s. I didn't forget about posting my Birthday giveaway winner. I had been sick all last week and I am still going through all the entries. But the winner will be posted tomorrow in my Simon Says post!! Good luck everyone!

9 comments:

Teri said...

Oh Melissa!! The eyeglasses you made turned out super!! Your little display is just beautiful! I am so excited to check out her blog, because if YOU love it, it must be awesome!!!
Hope you are feeling better, I am battling a cold that my sweetie pie grandkids gave me!!
Hugs,
Teri

Jennifer said...

Well...if this is the inspiration you got, I'm going to have to have a look! I love your sweet table, it has such a touch of nastalgia to it!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful inspiration & bee-utiful creations.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Karen Letchworth said...

Those glasses are cute. I'd never think to "make" a pair, I just went to an antique shop and bought a pair - easy way out, but I do SO love antique items. Thanks for sharing this.
Karen

Diane said...

Oh wow...what a neat display...I love vintage things and have a few vintage baby shoes myself...I made a bird and some pip berries in one of mine and have it on display in a tiny cupboard in my hallwall...am going to check out her blog, thanks for the info!! Your display turned out very nice!!

Barbara Jean said...

Melissa,
Thank you so much for the great post, and for telling others about my free tutorials. =)

I just love learning new things, and then sharing what I have learned. That is what it is all about to me.

Do hope others will be inspired, and try some tutorials too.
Your vignette is just too sweet (and great job on those glasses) Love that you have your grandma's Bible.

sweet blessings new friend
barbara jean

Crafty Loops said...

Ohhhh I just popped over and became a follower. It looks like such a fabulous blog, thank you for the link Melissa. Sorry to hear you have been ill, hopefully you feel better soon. Lee x

Rufus said...

Will have to go have a look. Your eyeglasses are darling!! Sorry to hear you've been ill, hope that you're feeling much better.
R/

Audrey said...

Melissa ... your eye glasses turned out really nice. I checked out your cards and I am amazed at how creative they are. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings.
Audrey Z.
Timeless Treasures
http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/