Friday, March 4, 2011

♥ Happy Anniversary! ♥ {And more EXCITING News!}

Today, is mine and my hubby's 8th Wedding Anniversary. Boy does time fly! I don't think most people know that my hubby and I eloped when we got married! (We then later got married in church as a surprise for my Mom, 3 years later when my son got Baptized.) Anywho, here is a card I made for him. I made it simple and sweet! My hubby isn't foo-fooey! I used a vintage Wedding Certificate from one of my fave bloggers, The Graphics Fairy. Have you ever been on this fabulous blog? Everyday there are new and FREE vintage images for you to download! Awesome! I also used some Prima paper, a chipboard heart, ribbon, Melissa Frances rub-on, twine, a crystal chandelier drop and 8 pearls for each year we were married. I hope he likes it!

Now onto my exciting news... I just received an email a couple of hours ago telling me that I was selected to be on the Simon Says Stamp Design Team! I was and still am in shock! I love the Simon Says Stamp Store! All those fabby goodies! Thank you Heidi, Stephanie, Lorraine and the awesome DT for having me be a part of your special team!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs...

27 comments:

Loz said...

Happy Anniversary Melissa!! Your card is absolutely stunning! Sorry haven't been around much - getting back into it all now :) Going to go and check out that freebie site you mentioned.. maybe find my inner vintage Melissa? lol!! And a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on the SSS DT, can't wait to see all your stunning creations ♥♥

Debbie said...

Wooooo hoooo ... happy anniversary and congrats on the DT news :) SSS is lucky to have you as a designer, my stampy friend!!

majo said...

Congrats on the DT . By Simon SS. Greethings Majo

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

congrats to yr anniversary!

Pattie said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats too!

Rhonda Emery said...

happy anniversary to you also a congrats is in order.

Teri said...

Happy Anniversary!! And the card is just perfect... how special with the eight pearls. Love that...
Congratulations on the DT position! Of course you will be perfect for them!!
Hugs,
Teri

Penni said...

Great card Melissa and Congrats of your new DT position.

Hugs
Penni
X

Diane said...

Happy anniversary...and congrats for making the DT ..... what fun it will be to see your creativeness!!!
Great card and thanks for the link, can't wait to check it out!!

*Michaela* said...

Wooo Hooooo!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is fabulous!
I bet you'll have fantastic weekend ;)
Michaela

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! This card is so romantic and soft! I have never been to the graphic fairy before, off I go! Thank you for sharing the link!
:)
Kim

Ujjwal said...

Happy Anniversary, Mellisa!! Time sure does fly and 8 years is a lot of time. I have just been married for 8 months and can't wait for my very first anniversary and celebrations :)

Congratulations on being selected at Simon says Stamp!!

Rufus said...

Happy Anniversary and congrats on the DT!
R/

Robin said...

Great story of your wedding and love the card! Thanks for introducing me to the Graphics Fairy!!! Robin

Scraptella said...

happy anniversary!!! and congratulations!

солнце said...

much beautifully))) congratulate)))

Sonja said...

Congratulations and with that card, whoooowww ... so beautiful !

Have a nice day,
Sonja
http://scrapadoe.blogspot.com

Brenda Brown said...

Happy Anniversary Melissa, have a great weekend and many congratulations on being part of the SSS team. I love your card and the pearls on the heart.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Tanya said...

Happy anniversary and BIG congrats girlie, that is fantastic!!! :D

2amscrapper said...

Congrats--both design team and anniversary!

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary...Happy new Design Team member....How exciting for you on both accounts. Your card turned out elegantly...
smiles...Tammy

Sandy Ang said...

What a gorgeous card! Happy anniversary

Brook said...

Beautiful card. Love the vintage look. Congrats on your new DT gig! Can't wait to see what you create.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Melissa! Many congrats on both your anniversary and your new DT gig! How exciting. :)
LOVE your card!! That vintage wedding certificate is perfect for this, and I adore the large heart with the prism, too.
SO fabulous!

Lorraine A said...

Welcome to the team Melissa :-) We are all thrilled to have you joining us !!:-)

luv
Lols x x x

kaz said...

What a Lovely card hope you had a great wedding Anniversary.
Kaz x

Cheri W said...

Big congrats on your anniversary AND the new design team honor. Well deserved. :D