Saturday, March 19, 2011

♥ An Irish Blessing ♥ {Better late than never!}

With all the wonderful "green" and "St. Patty's Day" challenges going on, I wanted to make another card before next St. Patty's Day! :)
I love this vintage Irish Music Sheet paper from The Graphics Fairy. {I am lovin' this site! Can't ya' tell!} When I saw it, I knew I wanted to make something with it. I used some Melissa Frances rub-ons, tea-stained crocheted heart from Little Pink Studio, shamrock made out of punched hearts, glitter and a pearl, seam binding ribbon, and that beautiful crocheted trim. After I put the trim along the side, the card reminded me of a book, hence the Saint Patrick's Day "bookmark" sticking out of the top. And I didn't even use any patterned papers! Only Bazzill cs and Kraft paper.
I was inspired by the following challenges:

The Kraft Journal: Saint Patty's Day or Green
Papercraft Star: St. Patrick's Day inspired project using this gorgeous photo as your inspiration
Have a wonderful weekend! And a belated Happy St. Patrick's Day to all my Irish friends out there! :)

Hugs and lots of love...

29 comments:

smdluxe said...

Wow what a beautiful card! I especially love that lace on the side, it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! It`s so beautiful! Brilliant idea make card as book with bookmark! Very pretty crocheted heart! loving it!!!

~Vittory~ said...

Great card! I love lace heart!
With best wishes,
Viktoria

Tanya said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the vintage look. I love the Graphics Fairy to, some really cool stuff!

cebelica said...

Wow, stunning card!

Aunty Sue said...

stunning detail as always

may-chu said...

oh wow, that's so pretty!

Sonja said...

I am glad that you've showed him even if he is late. He is beautiful !

Have a nice day and greetz from Belgium,
Sonja
http://scrapadoe.blogspot.com

cardsandmorebygigi said...

Absolutely stunning; love everything, great composition; love the heart and the lace on the side and the unexpected bookmark.
Brilliant work !

Colleen said...

BEAUTIFUL card, love it.

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous shabby design. Love that clover. Thanks for playing with us at PCS! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my! Really love the intricacies on this card, so much layering and depth!

Kelly Massman said...

OMgoodness! I adore it!! So beautiful!

♥Jan♥ said...

I love to see a St. Pat's Day card done in softer colors - this is just beautiful. I am always excited to see your Papercraft Star entries - always classy, always fun !!

Kim Duran said...

Melissa, another gorgeous card! I just love your style and am always happy when you join us at Papercraft Star!

Mandy said...

Stunning card Melissa, so beautiful
hugs Mandy xx

Sheree said...

Stunning!!! Love the vintage papers and lace... you've hit the nail on the head with this one!!!

Esther said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a delightful post. Love the inspiration photos. Your card...well it is completely over the top in my eyes..I love all the little layers and details. Look once, Look twice and there is still more to come back to.
Guess it is the Nostalgia/Shabby look I so much love.

Brenda Brown said...

A stunning card Melissa, such gorgeous shades of green and a fabulous design.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Kim. said...

Stunning card, love absolutely everything about it.
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Lovely Card. Love the lace.
TFS
Debbie
Http://craftywizard.blogspot.com

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is SO, SO gorgeous, Melissa! I absolutely adore it! Right up my little shabby-chic alley. :)
Thanks for playing along with us at the Kraft Journal.

2amscrapper said...

beyond gorgeous!

Kristi B. said...

Beautiful card!

olivia said...

I love your site, especially the St Patrick day stuff :-)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I love this card, I think you won with it on Kraft Journal..Congrats!!!

Cheri W said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Never fear! Those of us who are lucky enough to have Irish blood in our veins celebrate being Irish everyday. And, let me congratulate you on getting the shamrock right!!! It's one of my pet peeves on a St. Pat's card to find a depiction of clover (4 leaves). Oh, that and depictions or innuendos about Irish drinkers. Aaarrggggghhhhhhhhh!!