Tuesday, May 24, 2011

♥ Baby's 1st Birthday Cupcake {holder} ♥

♥♥♥ I am so sorry for this late post! I have had no phone or Internet service for almost a week! We had our sidewalks installed (finally!) last Thursday and they cut the phone line by mistake! Verizon just made it out here and fixed it, literally 15 minutes ago!! So I apologize to everyone! ♥♥♥

I am your Hostess this week at The Shabby Tea Room and I chose the theme of "Sweet Baby" for this week's challenge. It is to create a card and/or project with a baby theme. I decided to make a cupcake stand that would hold baby's 1st Cupcake!
I first made the cupcake stand out of some printable papers and a cupcake stand template (you can purchase it HERE). I then added the adorable rocking horses to it, to give it a Carousel look. The rocking horses are a digi stamp from this week's sponsor, Lauretta's Digital Stamps. This sweet image is only $1.50!
I also used some wooden dowels that I wrapped in ribbons, some punched alphabet blocks, a piece of cardboard that I placed between the stand and top for extra support, a paper doily, glitter and more ribbon. This literally took me about an hour to make. It is a super easy and FUN project to make for a Birthday Cupcake!

The winner of this week's challenge will win 4 Digi images of your choice from either Lauretta's Digital Stamps or Coco Dingo!

Don't forget to visit the rest of the Shabby Girls too!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch
Danielle Greenwood - Au Claire De La Lune
Charlene Cundy - Expressions of Me!
Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

Here is this week's Shabby Tea Room inspiration photo:


Have a wonderful day!

Hugs...

15 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow these are beautiful, you are clever!
I did stop by earlier but blogger wasn't working so I couldn't comment only become a follower, you have a great blog.
Teresa xx

Loz said...

so cute Melissa!! ♥

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Wooow...! It's Spectacular

Kelly Massman said...

Too cute!

Ann said...

absolutely darling!!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very very cute and how creative you are. Sorry to hear you were without the internet...

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!!! That cupcake makes me want one :-)

Heidi said...

So cute!
Absolutely gorgeous:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! What a lovely & stunning creation!! Such sweet details too! Hugs & sunshine! /Sari

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks way more complicated than an hour! iTs really beautiful so well done......might give this a try one day? Thanks for sharing :)

x

Debbie said...

So, so ... SO CLEVER, Melissa! I want to live in your brain most days! You are one of the most talented altered art artists that I know - WOW! This baby carousel/cupcake holder is out of this world creative and fun :)

LoveCupcakes said...

A perfect piece of sweets to make 1st birthdays complete. Thanks for sharing this unique cupcake ideas.

daisydilly (vicki) said...

The cupcake stand is just way too cute an all the goodies are awesome!!

Regena said...

What an adorable piece of work!!

Diane said...

This is adorable..am giving a baby shower in July...I have to study this more...lol....it is so impressive!!