Tuesday, May 3, 2011

♥ The Sweetest Story Ever Told.... ♥

...are the stories shared between mother and child. I love to hear stories from my Mom about when I was a child or even when my mom was a child. And that makes scrapbooking even more special too! Looking back at all those special memories
preserved forever...hearing all the wonderful stories behind the photos. Precious memories.
I made this Mother's Day card using this week's Mojo Monday sketch. This has to be one of my favorite sketches of all time! So fun and it can be used in many different ways.
I used papers by The Girls Paperie and Melissa Frances, Love Mail Creative Scraps by Crafty Secrets, a Studio G stamp, wooden heart, Maya Road chipboard alphas, natural twine, a Martha Stewart mini rose, glitter, trim and lots of mini pearls.

Here is the awesome sketch:

I am also entering this into the following challenges:

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Mum's the Word
Sentimental Sundays: For those Special Women in your life!

I hope all of you, whether you are in the U.S. or not,  have a happy and wonderful Mother's Day this Sunday and always! Share some stories with your children this Mother's Day! They will be treasured by all for a lifetime! :)

Much love...

15 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hi stunning card with a fantastic sentiment and thought behind it papers are layers are beautiful. Kitty :D

Tammy said...

So pretty and danty...
smiles...Tammy

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

This is such an adorable card! Your choise of paper is gorgeous. Love your sentiment and the story behind that. It gives this card a very personal touch.
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week.
Hugs Marianne

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just pure prettiness! So lovely! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sweet and dainty. I love the shabby chic colours and the great distressing you did on it.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Marília Lopes said...

Melissa your card is amazing!!!
Love your story behind that...I love story!!!
Hugs

Esther said...

Beautiful as always!

Juls said...

Hi Melissa,

I am still playing catchup in blogland at the mo, I have really enjoyed having a good look round your blog at all that I have missed, you have such a soft delicate style that I really love!

I loved the shadow box you created, its just amazing!!

This card is just too gorgeous for words, Love the mix of Dp's and that gorgeous sentiment.

Hugs Juls

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Heidi said...

This is so sweet!
Beautiful colours and details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Debby said...

I love your card, love shabby chic! Hugs

jojoscraps said...

This is so pretty. I just got some of this paper myself and I love the way you've used it. Perfect shabby chic look and great use of the sketch. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges. I hope you'll join us again soon.
Jo xx

Janine - Ellabella said...

Melissa this is such a pretty card, love the paper and the wonderful soft colors!

~@ngie~ said...

WOW.... all your creations are such an inspiration to us all... one day I might be able to create such beautiful projects too ;)
love n hugz Angie xXx

SherriB said...

Oh, how beautiful is this card! Your work is amazing!