Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Upcoming Craft Show!


I am going to be in a craft show in November. So I started to make some things for it now so I won't be going crazy come October. This is one of the sets I will be selling. I will make some masculine Birthday sets as well as some for Christmas and other occasions.

The party hat opens up in the back as a card. And the "cupcake" is a little satin trinket box that I covered with some Inque Boutique Isn't it Romantic paper, Prima flowers, a real candle, some Swarovski Crystals and a stamped "Happy Birthday to you", also from IB. It opens at the top, so you can put a pair of earrings or other small little gift inside. I got so much positive feedback for the little "Cupcake" that I will probably sell some of those separately also.

I also made these candles which I may sell as well! I will make a slot in the back so people will be able to put there own photos in there. This one has a photo of my son in it. It was taken this past May. His first time on the beach.


Hopefully some of these will sell! Wish me Luck!

Have a great day!

Hugs, Melissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Best of luck with the craft show, you are smart to start now. Cards always did well for me, I rented space in an antiques mall and have done sidewalk art shows and the cards were a hit cuz at $5 a pop everyone could afford them. You put a lot of time into your work so don't forget to pay yourself too! Earing are good to cuz their quick and cheap to make and people love them. OK enough unsolisited advise LOL! Love the new projects!

Cheri W said...

These are all super cool, Melissa! I am a big fan of your work, too. I have to get your email and would love to add you to my list of crafty chicas on my blog. I have to know how you did your photo on the candle project. Is it inside a glass block or vase with photo sleeve mounted on outside of glass?

Anonymous said...

I would like to know how how did the photo in the candle as well. Very pretty projects on your blog -- I just found you today. Rene' Tucker, Houston, TX

Melissa Bove said...

Thanks for the sweet comments. Actually, I just used a simple glue stick, that dries clear, on the corners of the photo and then adhered it to the outside of the glass, facing inward. Easy Peasy!!