Thursday, November 15, 2018

♥ Shabby, Vintage Christmas Garland ♥


Can you believe only 39 more days to go until Christmas ?! It's coming fast! I keep seeing paper garlands on Instagram so I decided to make one myself only with a little twist! Of course. I used some fabulous dies by Amazing Paper Grace for Spellbinders to make mine!


I added mine to a tree for the pics but I think I'm actually going to put it on my mantel. We shall see! It will look pretty on either. I used a few different Die sets to make it. I used the Charming Christmas Boughs Etched Dies, the Charming Snowflake Doily Etched Dies, the Yuletide Snowflakes Etched Dies and the reindeer and JOY cutout from the Charming Round Tag Etched Die Set.


After layering and gluing them all together, I added lots of pearls and vintage buttons to them. I then hot glued a piece of twine to the backs of them and then tied them to a string of Large pearls (Michaels). I added the snowflakes in between the larger die cuts.

 
It was so fun and easy to make. And as long as you pack it correctly, it can be enjoyed year after year.


 You can find all of Becca's Dies HERE!


Have a wonderful day!

hugs...


3 comments:

Linda Batson said...

Melissa that is just adorable! I would never thought of it myself and sadly I haven't been fortunate enough to see any on Instagram. But, you can bet I'm going to pay more attention. I was wondering how long was your string of. Pearls? Thank you for sharing such a lovely idea. My morther lives in a assisted living. This would be great for her smaller but not tabletop tree.
Linda

Melissa Bove said...

Hi Linda. The pearl garland from Michael’s is 6 ft long. And is currently on sale for 50% off! :)

Thank you for your sweet words!!

hugs...
Melissa

Theresa said...

Beautiful garland! Have a blessed day, HUGS!