Wednesday, July 20, 2011

♥ Simon Says... Use Newspaper! ♥

This week's challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is sure to be a fun one! It is to use newspaper on your card! It can be real newspaper, newspaper cardstock or patterned paper, a stamped image with a newspaper on it, etc. How about making your own flowers out of real newspaper?! I can't wait to see what all of you creative peeps come up with!


For my card, I used some Magnolia Newspaper Cardstock for my background, sentiment tag and behind a clear button. To make the button, Just punch out a small circle the same size as a clear button. Place the punched circle behind the button and then using a paper piercer, pierce the paper through the button holes. Then thread some string or twine through both the button and paper (careful not to tear the paper) and then tie it off! Now you have a decorated button to match any project! Easy Peasy!


The stamp set I used is by Stampendous and it's called "Garden Beauty".(Such a gorgeous set!) I colored it in with some Copics and then brushed on some Ranger Crackle Accents over the image. It dries in less than an hour to a shiny, cracked surface! Love it!


To finish off my card, I also used some White Opal Liquid Pearls, white trim, a paper doily and ribbon.


Don't forget, the random winner of this challenge will win a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore!



Have a wonderful day!

Lottsa love...

17 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hi wow what a beautiful creation
love the colours and this stamp. So inspired thanks Kitty :D

Anonymous said...

Love this bow, it's so sweet, and your design is very pretty, also your color choise. Hugs!

Lorraine A said...

I love this card Melissa ,, so very pretty and vintage looking :-) the crackle glaze and matching button are perfect touches ,, stunning creation :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Pat | Wedding Favors said...

Its so cute and pretty, Melissa. Its a card worth keeping. :)

Unknown said...

Love the card... and I love using things I already have to make gifts and cards. I'll be saving this to my inspiration book. Thanks for the inspiration!

Joan's passions said...

It's just lovely. Congratulations on your creativity:)
Kisses
Joanna

Crafty Loops said...

What a beautiful project and you cant beat a bit of recycling. I love the wee blue bow with the bling centre. Really stunning, thank you for sharing. Lee xx

Crafty Loops said...

That was meant to be the bow with the NEWSPAPER centre.....not bling!! Where did bling come from?? My head is away with the fairies!! Lee xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Melissa, so pretty, so shabby, and so you, not that I'm saying you are shabby of course hun, you know what I mean lol
hugs Mandy xx

Bernie said...

What a great card! Love the colors, the design, the bow, the button aw sheck I love everything about it.
Blessings Bernie

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Melissa.
luv
debby

jennifer said...

such a cute and girly card!

Kim. said...

This is gorgeous Melissa, lovely image and the cracked effect is so pretty.
Kim xXx

Theresa's Studio said...

What a great card with the newspaper DP. Love the button to match...thanks for the how to do!

Sudha said...

Beautiful creation dear.

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

It's lovely! :) X X

Annette Allen said...

wow this card is amazing..