Saturday, September 27, 2008

Snowflake Coaster Cards~


I had this mini 4x4 Sheer Coaster Album by Maya Road for like a year now and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. Until today! I thought wow! they would make cute little cards! So that's what I did! I punched holes in the top center of each page with my Croc-o-dile and used some sheer ribbon to tie them together. The large snowflakes are wood, made by Provo Craft, which I painted in 2 different shades of blues and 1 in white. Then I coated them all with some Glitter Glaze and added ribbons, hemp cord and buttons. I inked the edges of the cards with white ink and added some pp on the insides for sentiments. I used either stamps(Inque Boutique), crystal snowflakes(Hero Arts) or white branches(Martha Stewart punch) to them.

This is the one with the Martha Stewart punched branches.

This one has the Hero Arts Crystal Snowflakes.

And this one has the Inque Boutique Stamps on it.

These are so easy and fun to make. I hope you enjoy them!!

Have a great day!

Hugs, Melissa

P.S. Check out this fabulous Blog Candy that my fellow DT member, Amber, from TheRubberCafe.com just won!! She will be having fun with this loot for a long time!! Congrats Amber!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Great idea! Very nice!!!! Nice jump start on Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely !love the colors so nice and soft .. You did another nice job with this creation ! Can't wait to see more . your very lucky to be so very gifted.

Darlene said...

Oh Melissa ... these are adorable!! Great thinking!!

Sherrise said...

These truly are so pretty!! You are clever to have thought of this!

Cheri W said...

These are so adorable. What a clever way to use the album pages.

KAT said...

Melissa - I love how you used the Maya sheers as cards - Great idea... You left a comment on my blog www.kattoys.blogspot.com about the gate stamp that I used - it's from Innovative Stamp Creations.... Enjoy!

KAT

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! These are simply adorable!

Nancy Jensen said...

These are so cute! I've never seen anything like them and I LOVE 'em.