Monday, October 6, 2008

Final Round ~ Please Come and Vote....

For ME, Please!! Today starts the voting for Simple Scrapbooks "So You Think You Can Stamp" contest. It is the Final Round. So this it folks! This will determine the winner! Voting starts at 12:00 MST(2:00 here on the east coast) and you can vote as many times as you'd like until Thursday at 12:00 MST.

Here is my layout titled "You make my heart flutter". We had to use the Stamp Kissing technique for this round. I used the technique on my flowers, butterflies, bird and the heart. The tree and lt. blue background paper(which I used an Italian Poetry stamp on) are stamped the good ole' "regular way".

All the stamps used are by Inque Boutique. The paper, well, it is actually Pink Paislee Blue Moon paper but it was too blue for my layout and it has alot of orange, yellow and brown dots on it, so I took a piece of lt. beige Bazzill cardstock and traced around the Blue Moon paper. So after I cut it out, I was left with a beige piece the same size and shape. I then traced a circle onto the beige CS using a dinner plate. I cut that out leaving me with a piece of scalloped edge cs only about a 1/2" wide. I inked the edges, tore it and punched holes in it. I adhered that to the scalloped edge of the Blue Moon paper but not completely, I left some of the edges raised up so you could get a peek of the Blue Moon paper(see photo).

I then took my leftover CS circle and traced another circle within it using a smaller plate but only leaving about an 1/8" border. I cut that out with scissors, inked the edges, tore it and made little polka dots on the edge with a marker. I then attached that to the center of the Blue Moon paper. So now the background is mostly beige but you see peeks of the blue moon paper from behind. Does it all make sense now? LOL

I also used some music notes paper underneath my photo which I distressed by tearing it and inking it up. I added some mini pearls to the body of my butterflies. I wanted to go for an old vintage look on this layout.

On the flowers, I lightly stamped another flower stamp onto the solid flower stamp. I wanted a very subtle look. It does look better IRL than in the photo though.

So, please come and vote for me here! My screen name is Melissa1872. I would really appreciate it! And remember you can vote as many times as you'd like until Thursday!

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!

Wish me Luck!
Hugs, Melissa

******And A Special Toot! For my Friend Mitzi for making her 1st Design Team!! Way to Go, Girl!! *************

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very Nice,I am sure you put a lot of time in it. Good luck and
God Bless .

Ellen

ps. hope you had fun with you little boy yesterday.

Darlene said...

WOW Melissa ... this is GORGEOUS!! SO much detail, I certainly hope they appreciate the efforts you've put into this!! I'll be back later to cast my vote (votes) ... GOOD LUCK!!!

Teresa Brooks said...

Wow Melissa abosultely beautiful. I know you are going to win this contest..no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love, love the colors and the layering!

Olena said...

Nice page, Melissa! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck with this last part ! We are sure you can Win this contest with out a problem GOD gave you a Special Gift use it well and you have have much happiness in your life.
God Bless you .

now it is time to go vote best of luck!

Unknown said...

I love the ripped paper and butterflies!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love this one - the stamping on those flowers is just gorgeous! You really deserve to win - I'm off to vote for you :o) Thanks for the shout-out, too! That's so sweet!!!

SusanBluerobot said...

wonderful layout

Anonymous said...

Melissa!!! this is just stunning!! I hope you get it !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Melissa! This is really great! Good luck!

Judit V.

Anonymous said...

WOW! This layout is GORGEOUS, Melissa! I love all the details you put into it! I've placed my vote for you and will be rooting for you this week! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Melissa:
Very very nice , have looked over all your things you posted , it is all beautiful, You have done alot of work about family .. Family is always FIRST ! your very wise and talented .good luck in this final step... Off to vote now.

Sue D.

ps. where is your next craft show we would love to attend.

Scrappin in my spare time said...

oh how pretty. You are so talented. Come check out my blog. You won the Frenzy goodies.

robin said...

beautiful! love the colors and all the layers! :)

Charlotte Cramer said...

OH!!! Good Luck!!! This is Gorgeous!!! I hope you win!!! Off to vote for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty , you do real nice work . good luck .


Carol
N.J

Laura Williams said...

your projects have all been lovely for the contest!!!! i dug around to find your blog, because i wanted to see who the other three talented girls were in the final four!!!! Woohoo!! Maybe we can convince them to make it a 4 way tie!? ;) Good luck to all of us!!