Friday, December 12, 2008

Altered Wooden *JOY* and just 1 day left for my Blog Candy !!

Hope you are in for along post today!! hehe I purchased these wooden letters and snowflake from Michaels awhile back and just got to altering them now. I have so much Christmas paper but I keep coming back to these My Mind's Eye papers. They are just so beautiful! All the letters are covered with them.

The "J" has some white Pom-Pom trim along the top, a Me and My Big Ideas Deer Sticker, which I added some glitter to, a sparkly snowflake bow, a felt snowflake with another snowflake sticker in the center and lots and lots of glitter!

The Snowflake "O" has some Me and My Big Ideas CS Stickers, mini pearls, hemp cord and more glitter!

And the "Y" has part of a holiday pick, foam and felt snowflakes drenched in glitter, buttons, hemp cord, a jingle bell on some wire which I painted white and yup, you guessed it, more glitter!!

This display looks so pretty up on the fireplace mantle. I hope you like it too!

Tomorrow, Saturday the 13th, over at Scrapbook News and Review is the Big Playtime at the Pole Christmas Crop! You shouldn't miss it! There are going to be lots of fun games, challenges and lots of fabulous prizes!! It all starts at 8 am CST and goes until 8 pm! Hope to see you there!
Well, I'm off to play with my son! I can't believe how smart this little guy is! Not only does he speak in full sentences now, but he can count up to 8 at the age of 2 and a half! He says thank you and please all the time and covers his mouth when he sneezes and coughs! And the things he comes up with are just too hilarious!! I am just in awe of him! He is definitely the JOY in myself and hubby's life! I don't know what we ever did without him! Oh that's right, me and my hubby had a life!! LOL Just kidding! hehe I just came across this photo I took of him 2 years ago for our Christmas cards! I can't believe how much he has grown! Boy, time sure does fly!!

And don't forget you still have 1 more day to sign up for my blog candy!! Just go to THIS POST!
Have a wonderful evening!! ;)

Hugs, Melissa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a nice Piece Would like one of those love how you did "JOY" Oh what I a nice Picture of your Son Antonio. Looks like he was about 6 Months old then what a doll. We just got our Grand Daughter that is 1yr old a picture with Santa yesterday and the other Grand Daughter she is 3 ,her Mom e-mailed us her pic with Santa.
Hope you post one of your son with Santa yhey are so cute.
Well I will ck back later to see if you have something new.
Take care.
Have a fun Night .
Paulette
PP Fl

Anonymous said...

Wow just found you site and it is amazing!!! Found out you are a 2 p's gal also!!! Your work is beautiful!!!
Jen in Ohio

somethingcraftybydottie said...

WOW how Pretty ! This is lovely almost as nice as your White Tree and the SnowFlake Card. This would look so nice on our Fireplace Mantle. Good Colors also a cute pic of your son what a doll how about an updated pic with Santa.
WIll Check back soon to se what else you post that is so pretty for Christmas !!!
Have a good weekend
Hugs
Dink

Anonymous said...

Hi Melis:
Just dropped by to see if by chance you have a New Post... WOW How nice, Love the "JOY" great Idea for decorations in the home.. Saw on one of your comments from someone that you have family in Fl, WOW so do We .... Well have a very nice weekend have to get the shopping finished !
TOOT TOOT for you on this one !
again nice job! you go girl !

Sandy
Edison, NJ

Suzanne C said...

Simply gorgeous! I am imagining your house decorated in all these beautiful decorations that you have created. Love the picture of your little guy! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa:
Just stopping in to see what is new and Beautiful as most of your things are ! I like this New " JOY " very nice and yet simple nice idea. Now something like this would fit well up here in Pa, The Colors are Great too .Well you have a nice Weekend and I will be back soon to check in again.
God Bless you and your Family near and Far .& God Bless those we don't have anymore.

Hugs
Nancy
Mountaintop,Pa

Theresa said...

Your altered art is awesome. The JOY is really pretty. I enjoy visiting your site to get inspired. BTW, that pic of your son is too cute..

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa:
Just came here for the first time . nice work you have a Gift having great Ideas Don't know how you come up with these things but you do very nice work. Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year "2009"
(A quote in Life)
"Remember you don't know what your missing until you don't have it any more"

Elaine
West Virgina USA

Anonymous said...

Adorable project..and Antonio is pretty cute too! love the new stuff Melissa!

giants27 said...

Hey Missy! I love the Boxes. When are you going to make me one? HA They are so pretty. I will say it again I wish I had half you talent. I'll call you in a few days. Give Antonio a BIG kiss from us. Love you, Stacey OXXO

Cheri W said...

Wow, Melissa! You really outdid yourself on this one. It is my all around FAVE holiday project of yours. Sure it does look awesome on your mantle. That is such an adorable flashback photo of Antonio. Go have some fun playing with him...what a cutie patootie!

Rina said...

Aloha Melissa,

Wow, that "JOY" is fabulous! Very beautiful work. Such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Baby is sooooooooo adorable. He looks like a "Gerber" baby, so sweet.

robin said...

Melissa, that JOY is beautiful! As always, I LOVE everything you do. You are my scrapping hero!! :)

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Melissa:
I Stopped to see what Projects you have posted I think your best this season so far is--- Winter Bliss, First Snow, Oh Christmas Tree and Now JOY . They are all beautiful and I am sure all of your followers would love to have one of each of them. Your Family is so lucky that they can get you to make all of your things for them. Well we will be back again soon. Have a good night and a Wonderful Time in the CITY...Your work is lovely
keep up the nice work.
God Bless.
Gina
Brooklyn, NY