Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winter Wonderland Ornament Card


I think I just found my new addiction! Making shaped cards! They are too fun!
(Sorry for the bad pics, it is rainy and yucky here!)

For this one, I traced a CD onto some pp by My Mind's Eye. I added my little tab on the top using 2 small circle punches. The "tree" is part of a pick I got in ACMoore for like 49 cents. I added some Martha Stewart punched branches and snowflakes, a foam snowflake which I coated with glue and then glittered it up, ribbon, a large button and some hemp cord. The plaque with the saying is by Me and My Big Ideas, which I also altered with some more glitter. Hope you like it!

My 2 1/2 yr old son, Antonio, is having a blast with all the Christmas decorations around our home. He loves to look at all the lights and play with his Rudolph that sings. What a wonderful age! I just love to watch his face and to hear all the hilarious things he comes up with! We are going into New York City soon to see the Christmas Spectacular show at Radio City and then the Tree in Rockerfeller Center, I just can't wait to see his expression when he sees that! If you have never been in NYC during the Christmas season, you really should go! There is magic in the air this time of year there! It really is amazing!

So I thought I'd leave you today with this cute crafter's poem that is going around.

Twas the night before Christmas, I'm glued to the tree.
I'm wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be cardstock or chipboard or lace?
Or a Cricut, I said, with a smile on my face.
And that's when I heard him,
"Hi Santa, " I said
"You know....good little girls
should be in their beds."
"I know I should Santa,
and now I've got caught.
But I was just so excited
To see what you brought."
"Well, let's take a look
in this room where you work.
He shook his head quickly,
And left with a jerk.
I heard him exclaim
as he put it in gear.
"You've got enough crap,
I'll see you next year!"

hehe Oh, how true!! Have a wonderful day! And don't forget, you still have time to comment and win my Blog Candy! Just go to THIS POST. You have until this Saturday. Good Luck!

Hugs, Melissa

14 comments:

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Woo Woo ! & A Toot Toot! For you Melissa you did another Wonderful and very Beautiful card. just wondering if you make all your ornaments for your tree too, If you do I bet they too are wonderful. Yes I agree NY is the place to go around Christmas another Great Place for your son to enjoy is DISNEY for Christmas he would just love it with all the beautiful things there. Now is when they have there Holiday parades get Your Hubby to take you and Antonio
Have a great day will be stopping back to see what Beautiful Object you Post next.

Hugs
Dink

Steph Ackerman said...

Hi Melissa, absolutely love this card.
Have fun in NYC - sure wish I could get my hubby to hit NYC with me during the CHristmas season. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, just found your blog on SCS. Love this ornament card! Can't wait to see more goodies!
Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Melis:
Wow Love the ornament card ... still Love the white tree best.
Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Great Time with your husband and son in NY. It is a magical Place!!

Sandy
Edison, NJ
ps: I call my daughter melis hope ya don't mind.

Suzanne C said...

This is beautiful. I love the branches on the side! Gorgeous..

Melanie H said...

This is stunning Melissa, I love the cut out branches and the layering.

My daughter is nearly 2.5 and I agree it is such a beautiful age. She is really looking forward to Christnmas this year and asks everyday if its Christnas yet. lol

Anonymous said...

Just a fast note to let you know that your christmas music isn't working all the time and the tree isn't popping up either.
Hope to see something New tomorrow ..
have a nice evening.

Brandi said...

Beautiful card - you are so inspiring! The poem is super cute too! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hello
First time I have been by this Blog , I have looked back at some of your older pieces. They are very nice, Most of the Christmas Pieces are beautiful, I like the old way with the Green, Red, white and gold colors. These are very nice that you have displayed I like the White Tree card , the snowflake and the Ornament Ball card . they are all very nice. can't wait to see what you have next.
well it is pretty cold here today so I need to go take care of the fireplace and the wood stove.

Merry Christmas.
and God Bless you and your Family.
Susan.
Denver co.

Jenny B in Indy said...

Great stuff, Melissa. I wish you'd swap cards with me, I love your work but then, there wouldn't be a fair trade cause mine sucks, LOL.
Love this card .. Where'd you get the big snowflake?

Jenny B in Indy said...

Oh.. I can tell it's 4am.. I just read the part about you going into NYC. Have fun!!
I was there for Christmas in 2004 for three days. DH proposed to me on top of the Empire State bldg on Christmas day then we went to see Phantom of the Opera that night. Awesome! We went to Rock Center but there were SO many people there I barely saw the skaters. It was PACKED and very COLD. But still fun and just something special about it. You have fun and how exciting for Antonio!!!

And love your poem.
Okay, time for bed now, I think I'm getting delirious, LOL

Cheri W said...

These are so gorgeous, Melissa! Love their frostiness. It must be such an exciting year with Antonio this Christmas. Glad to hear about his excitement and wonderment. That Crafter's poem is a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Hello;
I'm Fabinou (Fabienne), and I saw your works in Acot. I'm french, and... if you could forgive me if my language is..funny??? ;-)

I love what you do...everything! The snowflake, the birthday box...and the baby!lol
Congratulations, good job!
Happy holidays, and see you soon on ACOT.

vena7 said...

Piękna forma -super efekt