Tuesday, December 9, 2008

*Birthday Cake Box*

I am loving altering boxes lately!! Can ya' tell?? This is another Birthday Cake Box that I made for a customer. Thanks Judy! ;) I like how girly this one looks! Except, I just noticed in the pic that a pearl is missing on the body of one of the butterflies!! That is bugging me! So I will call my customer and have a pearl mailed out to her. I won't be able to sleep tonight if I don't!! LOL I'm not kidding though!! ;) I am crazy!!! hehe Anywho, on to the box!

I used some K&Co. and Pink Paislee papers to cover the box. The butterflies were stamped with an Inque Boutique stamp in several different matching colors. I adhered them to the box by only gluing the center body and then pinching the wings forward for the 3-D effect. And, of course, I used some Kaiser Craft pearls on the "heads" of the butterflies.

The flowers are Prima, which I used several different styles, shapes and colors. I sprinkled glitter on them for some bling! And to top it all off, I hot glued a real candle to the top. I hope you like it!!

I have a toot! toot! to share! My Snowflake card is "Pick of the Week" over at Moments to Remember, my favorite site!! If, you aren't already a member, check it out! It is such a fun place to be! You get a virtual charm bracelet when you join and then earn charms for it! The people are awesome and the creativity there is amazing! So go HERE and join and tell em' Melissa B sent ya!!

Don't forget to leave a comment for my "Christmas Wish Box" giveaway on my last post! Good Luck!!

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs, Melissa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Melissa:
Toot toot for you !! What a Darling little Birthday cake box.
Congrats on your Snow flake card pick that too is wonderful. But still favor that Beautiful White tree!! hehe .... congrat also on how many peope are now following your blog boy it has doubled in no time good for you Girl ! We will be back to check and see what is next . Have a fun day

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hello Melissa:
Wow what a change form your beautiful Christmas designs. This little Birthday birthday cake is very cute . Yes I see the pearl is missing and yes I agree I too wouldn't be happy if I were in your place either. Ya want things perfect .I am a perfectionist. in everything the house the car the clothes etc. am sure your the same way.

Well you little guy must be getting so excited that Santa is coming soon.I am sure he will get everything he could ever want.
god bless

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Melissa:
Oh for got to ask you to go check out my Blog at
http://holidayflorialpieces.blogspot.com/

Thanks & Hugs
Dink

Anonymous said...

Just found this blog your work is very nice .. Family misses you in Sunny Florida!
Love ???

Anonymous said...

I have a thing for boxes too LOL! Looks great!

robin said...

what an adorable box, oh my! Anyone would LOVE getting this! ...and would they even need a gift inside? I think not.
have a great day!! :)

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Hi Melissa. I recently found your blog, since I've joined the blogging world and I love your work! I've seen your work on Scrapbook.com and glad to see more of you art!

Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa:
just dropped in to see what pretty Christmas things you have posted this week. the Birthday box is sweet , But the card "Snowflake" is very pretty as is the White tree. will ck back again soon .

Sandy
Edison NJ

Tami Bayer said...

The snowflake card is amazing! Congrats on the toot it earned this week. Just lovely work. The cake box is gorgeous. You have such wonderful attention to detail.

Casii said...

Oooooooh, my birthday isn't until August, but if you really want, I'll gladly accept a birthday box!

Congrats on your toot too toots! (get it, alliteration, eh, all day with Middle School children does that to me)

Scrappinology said...

Congrats on your card!!!


I love this box...before I saw it here I had already bos'd it at p's! lol! It is a great idea!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

This box is just so cute! And Congrats on the Toot also!

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful cake box, never seen one of these before, might give it a go. stunning papers!

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone..
a found a great place to find nice products at cheap rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]discount coupon[/url]
Have Fun

Mimi Pierre said...

Hi Melissa,
This box was beautiful. Prima Flowers
arrazam.
He was very gentle.
Congratulations!