Saturday, December 13, 2008

Stockings Full of Goodies and My Blog Candy Winner!

I want to share 2 projects that I just made with you! This first one is a card shaped like a stocking and I even "filled" it with some goodies! I hand drew the stocking on a piece of My Mind's Eye pp which was folded in half, so I could get both a front and back to the card. I attached them together through a hole I made in the top using some floss. I then added some White Pom-Pom trim on the top as well as a button, ribbon and hemp cord and some Martha Stewart punched branches and red gem. The Be Jolly plaque is a K&Co. CB Sticker which I added some ribbon to. And the stocking is filled (I actually hot glued the items to the back of the card and for extra support, there is a piece of cardboard glued to the back also and then I covered it with another piece of PP!:) with some pieces of a blue ice pick, a foam candy cane and a Basic Grey Chipboard Star and Present all drenched in glitter! And the card even stands with no problem!!

And this second project was the inspiration for the card, even though I did this after the card! Go figure!! This is actually a ceramic stocking tealight holder that I purchased in Michaels last year, after Christmas, for like 50 cents. I added some branch picks, a Basic Grey Chipboard Snowflake and bird, which again, I added some glitter to and a real candy cane. I also added a sparkly blue snowflake bow and a Jingle Bell which, well you know, I added glitter to!! And to finish it off, I added a glittered foam snowflake, K&Co. cb Sticker and some hemp cord to the bottom of the stocking.

I hope you like them! They just look so much better in real life! I hope Santa brings me that new camera!! {hint} {hint}

Now on for my Candy Winner of a "Christmas Wish Box" which she gets to choose the theme to!! And the winner is.......



ClaireQ! Congrats you are my winner!

My son pulled your name out of the bowl!! Please email me your addy Claire, as well as the theme you prefer for your box to KeepsakesbyMelissa@yahoo.com!

Thank you to everyone who has stopped by and left me some awesome and sweet comments!! I appreciate them all more than you know! I am going to try and have another blog candy before the new year is up! So stay tuned!!

I hope you all have a wonderful night!! ;)

Hugs, Melissa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very Nice and cute these are . and I would like to say Congrats to Claire for being your winner. she is a lucky person.
maybe one of us will get the chance next time around.. love the Stockings both of them They are so cute. Very nice will be back to see what is next on your list of beauties !!!

Hugs
Paulette PP, Fl

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Just stopped in to see who your lucky winner is , congratulations to CLAIR good for her.
your new piece is lovely , the card is cute and the ceramic boot is very nice too.
well you have a good weekend ( what is left) and I will check back next week.
God Bless
Dink

Corey W. said...

I just love your blog! You should have a store all set up because you are amazing!!!

see you at ymbd :)

Cheri W said...

What great projects, Melissa! The stocking is undisputedly adorable! You are putting me in the spirit to create gifts. Hugs!!! Cheri

somethingcraftybydottie said...

JUST THOUGHT YOU & YOUR FOLLOWERS MIGHT WANT TO KNOW WALGREENS HAS CHRISTMAS BOOT AND OTHER THINGS NOW FOR $1.00 EACH FOR MAKING CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS WITH YOU COULD FILL THEM REAL PRETTY I BOUGHT A BUNCH. WEEL HAVE A GOOD DAY .

BrioII said...

For an inexpensive healthy stocking stuffer, see Gripit Floss Holders at www.gripit.biz. They are only $6.95 with a year's supply of floss. Shipping is free when an order of four or more.

Anonymous said...

Melissa and followers....
Joanns has all it Christmas things on sale now for 60% off everything in the store... boy all the stores are doing the clearance on all christmas so early this year. so if you want any of the goodies ya best go and get them.

Sandy
Edison, NJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa:
Stopped by to see what if you Posted New. Maybe you were too busy today did you ,your hubby and son do NY today?? If you did hope you all had great and fun time.this coming week the weather is going to be crappy in Central Jersey and NY .... Well I will be back to check and see if you have a New Post Tomorrow .
have a nice night with hubby .

Elaine
Rainelle, West Virgina

Anonymous said...

Melissa:
I keep looking at some of your crafts you designed and it just hit me you must shop at "NORDSTROM'S" a lot as the branch you have on some of your pieces is just like the ones they have in "NORDSTROM'S" stores with the snow on the branch the bird and a star.. WOW wow how cleaver to use that on your projsects.
I will be back to check on your next post. Have a great evening ..

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa:
Just stopped by to see what wonderful piece you have created now. what lovely pieces you have made once again. your stockings are very nice both the paper one and the ceramic boot is cute too. well you have a fun week I will try and get back soon. but have last minute things to get done for CHRISTMAS .
take care God Bless
Susan
Denver,co

PS . Our Michael's put everything related to christmas on sale for clearance.

otagogirl said...

Congratulations to Claire! You lucky thing :-)
Melissa, can you tell me how you attach the weightier things to your lovely 3-D creations? Glue dots? Red liner tape? Hot glue gun?
I've got an idea running in my head, but just not quite sure how to go about it- but you have definately inspired me!
Thanks!
Karen.