Friday, April 9, 2010

♥ My Craft Studio! ♥

Since, I get alot of inquiries regarding my scrap space, I decided to share some pics of my studio. In our Master bedroom, we have a spiral staircase that leads to a 3rd floor Bonus Room. As soon as I saw that room, I knew exactly what it was going to be used for! {wink} My Studio is nowhere near being finished. I still need to get a work table(now I'm just using a large folding table), something large and tall so I can stick some stools underneath. And I still need to hang family pictures and knick knacks (is that how it's spelled! LOL), get rugs, and I still need to do my Cuttlebug/Cricut Closet! I have a fairly large walk-in closet in the room (next to the storage cubes) that I have a table in and I am going to set up my Cricut and Cuttlebug machines and make it my "Die Cut Room".

My Stairway to Heaven! LOLOn the 1 wall, you can see 2 doors. 1 still needs to be painted white, but they go to a large storage area that holds previously made cards, scraps and extra storage.This is a pic of my "sewing area". I occasionally will sew on my cards. Still not that good at it, but I try!My 4 year-old son wanted his own desk so he could draw on it. So I put his little table and chairs up there too. I still have to paint them white. Also you can see my little table with my laptop on it. I still need to hook up my printer to it. For now, I am mainly using my desk top downstairs.Off of the room, is an outside balcony that I still have to get a table and chairs for. In between my cardmaking, It's nice to step out there and get some fresh air. The view is nice too! :)
In this pic, you can see my shelves that hold all the cards/projects that I have had published. They get a special place!Well, that's about it for now! It is not the greatest Studio but it's my cozy space! I will take some more pics when the room is completely finished and I will share them with you!

Come back here on Monday! I will be having my BIG Spring Cleaning Giveaway! You won't want to miss it!! ;) Have a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs...

24 comments:

Judy said...

Wow! This craft room is gorgeous! I really like how it looks! Have a wonderful weekend.

Pink Heather said...

What a lovely space. And so neat too!

Nancy L. said...

so pretty and organized!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa:
Well your special room looks very Nice and We can see you like Lavender. the lavender and white looks so pretty and clean, and you being so very clean it looks great. Hope your feeling better now and not sick any more. the pic's are great Glad We to get a peek. Have a great Weekend. with much love and Many many Hugs Always :o)

sandra said...

Melissa,this is so adorable!!!!
Soft colors and all that crafty stuff...just invite you to sit down and make something!
And those stairs look so amazing!
You lucky girl!!!
How is baby doing???
Have great weekend and make something beautiful in Melissa's style!!!
Hugs my friend!
Sandra!

Claude said...

Nice light, and I love that you have special sections for doing different things!

Darlene said...

WOW ... what a fabulous space! I really like how personalized it is for you! Already it's beautiful ... I can't imagine how gorgeous it will be when you have all those other touches completed! Good for you!! You deserve this wonderful space!! (LOVE that staircase!!)

Heather said...

Love your space, especiallly that spiral staircase!

Sally said...

Love your space. I should be so lucky and sooo organized. You should see mine. No maybe not! LOL

Sarah Mullanix said...

What a beautiful and peaceful space!!! TFS

-Sarah

Colleen said...

Melissa, your space looks just like something you would have. IT is so sweet and soft and dainty.

Jessica Theodore said...

Thanks for sharing, love your space!

Christina said...

you space is so cozy Melissa! i would NEVER want to leave it :)

Pattyjo said...

Your craft space is gorgeous! I love spiral staircases and your balcony is just amazing. You will be creating such beautiful memories there! Congratulations on an fantastic new studio.
Pattyjo :+)

Audrey said...

LOVE your room. Mineis small but itis my little place all my own. Usually a mess as I have very limited space, but I am happy there. Love the idea for your little boy to be bale to draw and color whle mommie makes cards.
God Bless

lisa808 said...

This is a dream come true. What a beautiful room, plus a balcony! That is crafting heaven.

Stephanie J said...

Beautiful room, Melissa! Is there any way you could tell me the dimensions of the space that houses the stairs? My house has the same 'bonus room' idea, and the only way to get to it is from our master bedroom, too... right now, there's sort of a ladder to it, but it's too steep to use, so the loft is wasted right now because it's inaccessible. I wanted a spiral case, but all the men insisted it couldn't be done... =)

We're planning on using it for a playroom for our daughters, so I'm pretty insistant on getting relatively safe stairs!!

Knerten said...

Lucky you; having this bonus room *envious*... Looking so great, but remember to take care when your belly grows big, going up and down !!

Lisa T said...

Wow, what a beautiful crafting area! It looks so inviting. :)

Susan Payton said...

What a lovely, creative, enjoyable blog, thanks for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

ardith said...

Looks grand!! Very tidy...unlike mine...a super mess!!

maria dolores morales said...

Querida Melisa, son muy lindos tus trabajos pero las que te visitamos de otros países nos gustaría leer las explicaciones que das de los mismos, tus comentarios son muy importantes. ¿Podrías poner un traductor dentro de tu blog? Soy de Argentina, muchas gracias. Cariños.

Loz said...

I am sooooooooooooooo JEALOUS!!! Love it!!

Cheri W said...

What a gorgeous place to create. The lavendar color is one of my favorites. Beee-utiful, but I wouldn't have expected anything less!