Thursday, August 30, 2012

♥ Party Day ♥

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you all are having a good week so far! 6 more days until my son starts 1st grade...and my stomach is in knots! I hate that he will be away for a full day now! Am I being selfish? Does anyone else out there feel this way? How do some parents look forward to the day school starts?? I am already looking forward to the last day of school!! :)


Oh, well, onto other things! This is a card I made for this week's City Crafter Challenge called "Bake Sale". It is to include a baked item. So I chose this cute little chipboard cupcake from the Pretty Party line by Crate Paper. I just added some glitter over the top of it.


The papers, oval frame and banner are also from the same line. I added a Papertrey Ink felt tag made form the Tiny Tags Die Set as well as the Tiny Tags Stamp Set. The beautiful aqua colored felt is also by Papertrey Ink.


Speaking of PTI, I'll be right back with another post for their Make It Monday Challenge!

hugs....


10 comments:

Migdalia said...

What a wonderful acrd!!Love it!Love the Bow!!TFS

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!! I love your card with the cute Crate paper and embellies! Perfect for any party!!Thank You for sharig your adorable creation with us this week at CCCB :-)

Jane said...

Oh I feel just the same Melissa! My little girl starts in 5 days time too :( I feel so upset about it and am dreading saying goodbye on the morning! Hope your son has a brilliant first day and it isn't too hard on you. Stunning card by the way! gorgeous colours and papers - so kitsch! hugs, Jane xxx

DIANA L. said...

Cute card cute little guy.

Ros Crawford said...

The time just flies ... and I can still remember my son's first day ...
Your card is amazing ... I love the banner .... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB ...

CathyinMN said...

Great card! Love the cupcake and the bow.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card and so very adorable too! thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Talking about kids going to school, sigh.... I just sent my youngest to college, and now I am suffering from empty nest syndrome,,, sop sop,,,,,

Crafty Loops said...

Awww this card is so pretty Melissa. You are not alone in dreading your wee ones going to school. My Mammy absolutely loved all 5 of us being at home....she must have been mad! Lol. Im the eldest of 5. I'm 32 and the youngest is just 11! I know! 21 years between me and him.....he could be mine, lol. He just went into first year at Grammar School yesterday and I think me, my sister and my Mammy were more nervous than he was, lol. He couldn't wait to get in there and we just want to hang onto him for dear life, lol. He's the last one of us 5 at home with my parents and it just feels like he is growing up so fast. My parents are dreading the day when he is old enough to get his own place, lol. It will be a big empty house then! Luckily we are a very close family so my parents house is always coming and going with at least a few of us, lol. I hope your wee man has a great first day. Lee x

Unknown said...

What a pretty card Melissa, that beautiful strawberry papers and the banner is fabulous well done .Your little boys smile would light up a room he is just adorable no wonder you cannot wait until school ends again Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Your son looks so cute.. And I just adore your card. So cute.. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!