Saturday, August 18, 2012

♥ ...smile is the beginning of love. ♥

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you all are doing well! This week my kids are sick-free! Yippe! Me?? Not so much! I have had a sore throat for 2 days now and my head feels like a balloon! What is the deal with all of the summer viruses lately? But as long as my kids are well, that's all I really care about! Except this coming week I need to get ready for my son's 2nd Birthday party next Sunday. I can't believe it's been 2 years since Santino was born! And on the 5th of September, Antonio starts 1st grade! My stomach is already turning with the thought of my baby being in school full time now! I guess I am selfish! I like my babies being home here with me!! ;)


Here's my 2 boys sucking on lollipops. This was Santino's 2nd time having one and he was in his glory!! LOL They make me smile! :)

This card is for the current challenge at the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog. Love this beautiful quote by Mother Teresa. What a beautiful and loving woman she was!


I also used some Cosmo Cricket chipboard, seam binding and Liquid Pearls. The beautiful Die Cut is Romantic Rectangles by Spellbinders. Does anyone out there in Blogland have these dies?? They have given me such a hard time! I love Spellbinders dies! There is nothing that compares to them! And I have many of them. But the Romantic Rectangles dies have given me such a hard time. After talking to Karen Haas at Spellbinders CS she told me to try using wax paper in between the die and paper. That helped in removing the paper from the die but now I have to use a paper piercer to remove all the little pieces of paper which is so time consuming. Any tips from anyone??


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I am going to "try" and rest up for the coming week.

hugs...


12 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hey, Melissa: Sorry you're feeling crummy. There's nothing quite like those peksy summer colds that make us sluggish. But I agree with you in that I'd MUCH rather be sick than to have my kids suffer for ONE MINUTE. Somehow, we seem to put on the SuperMom cape and keep going!

Thanks SO MUCH for playing along at Word Art Wednesday. Your card is beautiful. I albought bits and pieces of this Cosmo Cricket line. It was just too sweet, and your card came out beautifully. I appreciate your participation SO much. It's hard work growing a challenge blog. Thanks for playing along with us and mentioning the challenge.

Feel better, and thanks again.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Sue said...

A beautiful card, Melissa. Sue x

Elise said...

Hi ya Melissa! Okay, this is going to be a long comment from me! lol! This is going to sound so funny .. but I was just thinking of you last night and meaning to come by your blog, and I woke up and saw your comment on my blog!!! :) heheh .. I must've sent some hugging waves over your way. lol!

Now .. your little ones being sick and now sick free .. yayyyyy!!! I know how hard it is to have the little ones sick. :( Actually, my little on has been on antibiotics for 2 months now .. can't get rid of the strep. And we had strep as well, and been on antibiotics too. Yes, what is UP with these summer viruses?!!!

Annnd .. my little boy starts first grade like your little one too! :( **sobbing** I wish I could keep him home with me toooooo!!!!

Okay, so let me get on to your GORRRGEOUS creation! Gosh girl, your work is just .. sooooOoO BEAUTIFULLY DIVINE! I love the way you put things together .. it's absolutely beyond words stunning!!!

Big Hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon,
Elise

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful card! Hope you're better soon. I had the same thing about a month ago and it lasted a week.

SiskiyouSue said...

What a lovely, lacy card! Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hi Melisasa I am so pleased the boys are now feeling better but so sorry you are not to good today, I hope things improve quickly for you especially as is Santino's 2nd Birthday on Sunday , wow you have some preparing to do this week . They look so cute, sat on the sofa with their lolly pops. Take care hope you feel better soon .
Your card is lovely today I have this rectangle die now, and its so pretty and so useful. I adore the sentiment stamp , great stamping Melissa(I have probs with that, due to my right hand ) yours is pristine well done .
I also love your "Give flight to your dreams" card its gorgeous, and my favourite soft pastel colours Take care Hugs Elaine

Lori Aragon said...

Praying you are feeling MUCH better today Melissa! What a cute photo of your babies :) My babies are now 25 and 24...how time flies!

I love your beautiful card! Sorry, no tips here... I love the look of the lacey dies but the intricate pieces are frustrating - it will not keep me from using them though, although not as much...

Stay rested and healthy!

Laura said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Beautiful card, I love the Mother Teresa quote too.
Laura xx

HappyCrafter said...

What a beautiful and happy card, I really like that sentiment.

Sonia said...

Hi dearest,I'm back from holidays...my grandmother fly in the sky...
Big hug,
Sonia

Jennifer said...

Melissa,

I agree! That is a beautiful quote by Mother Teresa!!! :) Those Spellbinder dies sound like a lot of work...but so worth it! That mat is so elegant and doily-like! Absolutely beautiful card!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Marge said...

GORGEOUS card, Melissa! I use the waxed paper (when I remember to) and have no real 'easy' tricks, except IF you have a tile floor like me, I once accidentally dropped this die and it did fall out after I'd used the waxed paper, so now I 'drop' on purpose -- LOL! Most of these elegant/intricate ones just require that you poke them out -- time consuming for sure, but still oh, so gorgeous!!!