Wednesday, August 29, 2012

♥ Simon Says...Anything Goes! ♥

Woo-Hoo! It's that time again...Anything Goes at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! As long as it is some type of paper crafting, we want to see it! Cards, scrapbook layouts, altered creations, gifts, etc. So much fun!


This week the Simon Says DT is featuring products by Hero Arts. I just love this Guest Check Clear Stamp set by Hero Arts. It has so many versatile and fun stamps in it. I decided to make a little photo holder with the set.


I first adhered some paper by Kaiser Craft from the Vintage Timeless Paper Pad to a Wendy Vecchi Art Parts Spool Set. Ever see these before? They are so fun! Each package comes with enough "parts" to make 3 spools. (They are made from a Kraft colored material similar to a thick chipboard.) So many ideas for these!!


I then printed out a 4x6 sepia photo of my kids and just trimmed it down a bit and distressed the edges. I then ran the larger die from the Romantic Rectangles set by Spellbinders through my Cuttlebug with some vanilla cardstock. Adhere photo to die cut. I then added the stamped tag to the side using a Hero Arts Little Clothes Pin as well as some stamped "flag banners" to the rear side of the photo and some Hero Arts Accent Pearl Hearts directly onto the photo.


To make the actual photo holder, I simply hot glued a little clothes pin to a mini Maya Road Wooden Spool and then adhered that to the center of the large spool. And then to finish it off, I added some seam binding, lace trim, a Maya Road Ruler and a stamped spool of thread image from the Guest Check Set. This was so much fun to make! It would make a great gift for someone and it only took about an hour and a half to make.


And, don't forget, Heidi will generously give the random winner of this challenge a $50 Credit Voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Good luck everyone!






Next week we will be having a fun Blog Hop at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog along with giveaways you won't want to miss!! ;)

Have a wonderful day!





17 comments:

Jingle said...

Wow! Melissa, I SO love this! Just gorgeous!!!

Lisa Carroll said...

Melissa, this is beautiful! Perfect details... and are those yoru boys? They are adorable! :D xo

Scrapthat said...

Super cute girl!!
That stamp set is one I have been Ooooing and Ahhhhing over for a while now! I love it and I love your whole project.

Lin said...

This is such a beautiful way to display a special picture - love all the wonderful accents you added!

Lorraine A said...

absolutely gorgeous creation Melissa ! such a lovely photo and the details on the stand are stunning ,,, totally love this ,,, :-)

luv
Lols x x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Adorable project, Melissa! I really love the touch of lace and the special details you added to the photo!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Sonia said...

Just stunning creation my dear creative friend:)
Adorable photo and gorgeous details you added too:)
A big big big hug,
Sonia

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so adorable!

Pam said...

Fabulous creation! I just love it!

Darlene said...

AMAZING project Melissa ... so creative! WOW the boys are getting SO BIG! Your oldest is such a handsome young man and the little guy is so adorably cute. You must be a proud Mom with these guys in tow! Fabulous work ... thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

A stunning creation Melissa, an adorable photograph and so many beautiful details!!

hugs
Heather xx

Cheri W said...

What a gorgeous project, Melissa! And I adore that sweet photo of Antonio and Santino...so cute!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's a really clever photo holder. Blessings!

Crafty Loops said...

Melissa this photo holder is so adorable. Im so sorry Ive been MIA. This is my 3rd week with this awful chest infection but I'm finally starting to get better thankfully. Its totally knocked the wind out of my sails so I haven't been blogging much at all, so sorry for my absent commenting. I'm going to catch up now. Lee x

Unknown said...

How beautiful melissa hugs elaine

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous project to display an absolutely delightful photo! Lovely!
Alison x

Joy said...

Gorgeous sweets, love every detail and that photo is pure sweetness... hugs