Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jacksonbelle Embellishments Tuesday!

Our DT Challenge today was to use October Afternoon paper and/or stamps on our projects. No problem here, that's for sure! Love these papers and stamps! If you too, would like to play along, you can either upload to SCS or PCP using Keyword JBE036 or send a link to your card to the Jacksonbelle Blog!

I decided to make a card out of a Maya Road Mini Chipboard Tree Album! I love making shaped cards out of mini albums! So fun! I used OA papers, Crunching Leaves, the bark side, for the trunk and Cozy Home for the top part of the tree. They are both from the Weathervane Collection and available at the Jacksonbelle Store. And the stamp set is the OA Detours! Set. I just love that cute little deer and rabbit! I added some Shimmerz in Pixie Dust and Pink Poinsettia to the deer, rabbit and flowers. And the apples are coated with some Diamond Glaze. The stamp set and Shimmerz are also available at the Jacksonbelle store!

I also made this card out of the same papers and stamps. I just added some pink cardstock, mini pearls, my Martha Stewart Branch Punch and some more yummy Shimmerz.

And then I altered this Provo Craft box. Hey, I told you I liked October Afternoon! I couldn't stop!! hehe I love the Spring, so I decided to make this in hopes of it coming soon! I used some more OA paper, Cozy Home and Patio Umbrella(stripes) from the Daydream Collection. I used some 20 gauge wire and hot glue behind the trees for added support. I added little white pom-poms to the bunny's tail and the sentiment is printed out of MS Word. To finish it off, I added some crocheted lace, glitter, ribbon, buttons and a hemp cord bow.

Make sure you visit the other DT girls and see what they made!

AJ Otto
Beth Thomas
Heather Lee-Reppen
Jennifer Buck
Jill Dunn
Kimberly O'Rosky
Kisa Peters
Lindsey Botkin
Lynda Benden
Michelle Woerner
Rachel Baird
Shannan Teubner
Taylor Usry
Maren Benedict

Hope you have a Happy Inaugural Day!! YAY!

Hugs, Melissa

33 comments:

Moni said...

What a project, love it, the box is fab! Love the colours xou used, the papers and stamped images! Hugs, Moni

Kimberly said...

Holy cow you rocked the challenge girl! All of them are perfect, but that box is way toooo cute!

Beth Thomas said...

SHUT UP!!!!! Not only have you completely rocked this challenge but these are some of THE cutest OA projects! Love 'em, just love 'em!

Kisa Peters said...

What is this craziness? It is AWESOME!!!! WOWOWOWOW! You rocked this!

Jill said...

Wow! Your creations are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE WHAT A NICE SPRING PIECE YOU MAKE IT FEEL LIKE SPRING IS NEAR BY.CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT IS NEXT.

HOPE YOU HAD A MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY !

NANCY
MOUNTAINTOP,PA
THE LITTLE GUYS B-DAY IS IN MARCH RIGHT???

Anonymous said...

very nice

Sandy
Edison NJ

Anonymous said...

hey Melissa have a question have seen on this sight that she always had something about you http://holidayflorialpieces.blogspot.com/
how come i have never seen anything you posted on that sight???
seems she always has such sweet words for you. I too like what you do it is very nice and always very colorful. Have a great night will stop back to see what you post next.
Milly, in Ohio

Erika M. said...

Awesome job - I absolutely love those projects!

Rachel Hope said...

WOWZA! You always leave me speechless!

Lynda Benden said...

Dang Melissa, you totally ROCKED this challenge! I feel so unworthy with my one little card....LOL!!! ALL of your projects are just AWESOME!

Darlene said...

Oh My Gosh ... these are AMAZING!!! You are SO creative!! I'm so jealous!!

Olena said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love it all!! Stop by my blog as I have left you an award! : )

Anonymous said...

c'est vraiment superbe
tu as un talent fou
un grand bravo pour t créations
bise

Heather said...

Oh my, you have been busy! All of these are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!

Anonymous said...

These projects are DARLING, Melissa! I just love what you did with the OA papers! I can't believe that you've created so many fabulous tings with it! Beautiful work!

Happy Belated Birthday...so sorry that I missed it, and I hope that you had a day full of blessings!

Hugs,
Christine

Anonymous said...

OMG Melissa, that is my FAVORITE project of yours so far and how cute is that deer!!!

Sharon said...

Love it. Another awesome creation...I wouldn't expect less!!
Hugs

Kristine said...

OH MY Gawsh, Melissa!! THESE ARE AMAZING!! LOOOOVE all 3 of these, and that set is tooo CUTE! Especially love the first tree =)

deb said...

Oh my goodness. They're just darling. I love how different they each look.

Cheri W said...

You put a smile on my face with this one. Love the papers and your ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS creations!
I just love that 3D scene...how cool!!!

Unknown said...

you`r creations are great.
I have a award for you on my blog.
Greetings Emilie

Babydoll said...

Cute stuff!!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful work Melissa! LOVE the bright fun colors!!

Anonymous said...

Hope your not sick with that flu you have not posted in almost a week. hope all is good at home.
your friend
Elaine

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa: Getting a little concerned it isn't like you not to post for almost one week now : (
Hope your OK!

Your friend
Sandy
Edison , NJ

Amooretto said...

I just love that tree card! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

wow something isn't right you don't let this go this long with out a post it is a week now and still nothing new. hope your ok ...


Hugs
Linda V.
Woodbridge, NJ

Jaspere said...

Wow! Those are amazing.

Susan Stringfellow said...

Oh how do you come up with these adorable ideas! You are so creative

Jenny B in Indy said...

Love all of this! Especially the first card!!

Anonymous said...

Does Jacksonbelle still carry the OA Detours stamp set? You've made me want it - and I can't find it on their site!

Ann said...

Oh. My. Word. Total cuteness.