Saturday, January 17, 2009

Rubber Cafe Challenge, here we go again!! {And only 1 more day for my Blog Candy!!}

hehe Here is my other card for the DT Challenge over at The Rubber Cafe! We had to make an all white card using just an accent of red! So here is my second try!

I just ran a simple piece of white cardstock through my Cuttlebug with my favorite Embossing folder, Swiss Dots. I then matted my stamped image on to another piece of white cardstock using pop dots for some added dimension. Isn't that stamp adorable! It is called Heart Strings #G-779 available only at The Rubber Cafe. I stamped it in some Dark Red ink and sprinkled a little ultra fine glitter onto it. I then added some simple ribbon and bow to the card and some little red circles in the corner. Hope you like it!

I want to give a couple of thank you's today too! First off to my new friend Kristine, who is also a newbie along with me on the Queen Kat Designs DT! She sent me this adorable card for my Birthday tomorrow! She is just so sweet! And isn't that card precious! You can see more of her outstanding creations on her blog, Ink Something!Thank you Kristine, I love it!


And another thank you goes to my other friend Sharon for giving me this adorable Hugs Award! Sharon was on the Inque Boutique Advisory Board with me awhile back and she has become a great friend! You can visit her blog, Lil Princess Card Creations, for some more wonderful inspiration! Thanks again Sharon!

**Don't forget that tomorrow is my Birthday and you know what that means!! The last day to enter for my Birthday Blog Candy! Just go to THIS POST!! Good Luck!!**

I want to also thank everyone for all the awesome comments you always leave me and for the Special Birthday wishes!! You all ROCK!! THANK YOU!!

And lastly, I have some EXCITING news!! I just wish I could tell you!! LOL It is awesome!! I am still in shock!! But I have to wait until Mid February and Mid March to tell you!! The suspense is already killing me!! Ughh!! Oh, well!! You'll know soon enough!! LOL

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!

Hugs, Melissa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again you did a Wonderful Outstanding, Fantastic,Great , Super, Awesome, Terific ,job your creations are above the rest you are the best in what you do here, just all the things we said and More your talents are fantastic Etc. Have the best and most loved Birthday tomorrow .you keep warm ! It is mighty COLD up there.
much Love and Many Hugs for your Special Day .
HAPPY 37th BIRTHDAY

Moni said...

Gorgeous cards! Hugs, Moni

Kristine said...

OOOHHHH, NO YOU Didn't!! LOL. You CAN'T Keep us in suspense :( OK, we'll just HAVE to keep coming back to see what it is--HA! We'd come back anyway...cause you're blog ROCKS, and your cards are so inspiring. Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad you liked my "home-made" cherries card :) I actually got that idea from Susie Stamp-a-lot! Hope your Birthday is as sweet as you!

Now, go eat a cupcake! :)

Shirley said...

Your white and red card is so pretty! I just love all your work!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Well in about 3 hrs and 21 minutes your will have your" 37th " Birthday !
Now about this business you can not keep all of your faithful followers in suspense ! That just would not be very nice to all!to all of us that are FAITHFUL and check here all the time on all of your beautiful Creations Please don't do that to all of us !!!!! : ( I am sure you will not be posting tomorrow as I am sure your Husband and All of your Family Mothers and Father's alike will all be there for your day or maybe your all going to go have a special Dinner out at a nice place. Are you your Daddy's Girl??? bet you love him to pieces like most girls / woman do ! well you go and have a Great Day tomorrow .
God Bless you always and as usual your work is superb!
love and Hugs
Dink

Erika M. said...

Hope your birthday is very special! I'm amazed at all of your lovely projects! You rock girlfriend!

Jenny B in Indy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELISSA!!!

Hmmmmmm.... I think I know what your surprise is. Maybe. (LOL)
Man, that's a long time to wait!
It's going to kill me!!

Michelle said...

Congrats and happy birthday! Sounds like you're "rockin' it" this year!! Great card too! I had thought of using the same rubber stamp but maybe not! LOL! I love yours!!

Anonymous said...

That is so elegant! I love it. Happy Birthday Tomorrow BTW,The kids are off from shhool due to the holiday so we will be visiting my folks (If this darn snow stops!!!) so I didn't want to get busy and forget tomorrow.

Tasha Hickert said...

Happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...!! Too bad I can't also say you're the winner of my blog candy. But I did at least want to wish you a happy birthday. Hope it's been great!

Olena said...

Happy Birthday, Melissa! You're cards is beautiful!

Darlene said...

LOVE your challenge card ... awesome job! That little touch of red really pops on the all white card!! Fantastic as always!!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Mid-February and mid-March? You're such a tease!!! ;) That's so far away!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Melissa! Can't wait to hear your exciting news!!

Anonymous said...

this one isn;t so good the hearts look more like carrots then hearts take a good look hearts do not sag like that