Friday, January 16, 2009

A Rubber Cafe Challenge gone bad!! LOL

The Rubber Cafe DT was given a challenge to make a card using only white with only an accent of red. Well, I think I did a little more than an accent of red and now looking at the challenge again it says "no inking or rough edges". Well, I did ink my edges of the accordion folds on the bottom. So I will have to scratch this one for the challenge and make another one!! But I still think it came out cute, so I decided to post it anyway. hehe

I hand drew the muffin onto white cs and cut out two of them for my card. I punched a hole in the top left corner and tied some ribbon and bow there to hold them together. I also added some little balls to the bow (they remind me of sugar balls, so that's why I added them). The stamps used are Party Hearts #E-576 and Trailing Hearts #B-241, all by The Rubber Cafe. I stamped them in red ink and added some glitter to them. For the bottom of the muffin, I cut to size another piece of cs and then folded it accordion style, as I said before, I inked the edges with some red and added some more glitter. I printed the saying out from MS Word. And then I added some red tulle behind a chipboard heart loaded up with glitter and a mini red heart.

The Rubber Cafe has some awesome products in stock right now at great prices! There is now Copics, the New Stampendous! Stamps, Fun Flock, House Mouse stamps, stamps designed by Lori Renn and lots, lots more! Make sure you check it out!

***And don't forget about my Birthday Blog Candy! You have 2 more days to enter. Just go to THIS POST!***

Have a wonderful day! Stay Warm!!

Hugs, Melissa

15 comments:

Kristine said...

Well, it turned out WONDERFUL!! I ♥ your cuppycake shape! =) Beautiful job on the "inking" and all the sparklies!!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Melissa : WoW and toot toot for you !!!! Who care's if they don't approve it over there at "Rubber Cafe challenge"! But you did a Great job ,No fantastic job, Another of many of your Wonderful Perfect designs and you did a Great job on this Creation. I am sure your Followers will disagree with them over there!! Everyone keep's telling you STOP doing this stuff for others , and do your own thing in your own store... This truly is Great and I can not find Enough Words to Convince You of that This is Truly Amazing it looks good enough to eat .LOL
You have another fantastic Birthday with ALL of your Family I am sure both your Mother and step father and Father & step -Mom ( if you have them ,)and extended family are very happy for you & Proud as well.
again Happy Birthday

Hugs
Dink

PS : DON'T CHANGE A THING !! Your talents are just too good for them @ the rubber cafe!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, forget about the challenge - this card is SO ADORABLE! And creative! I love it!

Jennifer said...

NO INKING??? What kind of crazy rule is that??????

Anonymous said...

hey melissa, that sounds like something I would do! I have started the challenge but that it! have a good weekend! Is it cold in NJ? it was 27 below last night here brrrrrr.

Tricia said...

I think that this is a fabu card irregardless of not following the "directions!!!!"""""

Anonymous said...

Well I am so glad to see that Everyone agrees that this is Wonderful, Beautiful ,Amazing, Fabulous, Adorable, Etc. I see you have so many comments on this lovely piece. Not everyone is wrong I guess that the rubber cafe is all worn as your followers seem to agree that you did great and they are wrong . Seems to be chilly / Cold all over the country! Well have Happy 37th Birthday.
Love and Hugs
XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

THEY BEING WRONG IS NOT THE FOLLOWERS, BUT THE "RC" .
SORRY I WAS NOT CLEAR ON THAT
LOVE AND HUGS
XOXO

Sharon said...

This is beautiful.
By the way you have an award on my blog!!

Erum Tasneem said...

Hahahah--gone wrong? REALLY! They would have loved this im sure! Look at everything you create! Every week you come up with something out of the ordinary! LOVE IT!

Michelle said...

OMG! I LOVE that card! You did a great job! Need my address so you can send it to me?! LOL! Low in calories, high in fiber! LOL! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutly stunning! ooo made me hungry now! xxx

Melissa said...

I think this turned out wonderfully! Way to break the rules! LOL!

Erika M. said...

This card is spectacular! I left love for it on acherryontop.com

Lori Renn said...

Thanks for the shout out and Happy Birthday!!