Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jacksonbelle Tuesday Challenge!

Today is my first official post as a DT member for Jacksonbelle Embellishments! YAY! We had to use this sketch for our challenge on the Jacksonbelle Embellishments Blog. Well, you know me, I never follow the rules exactly!! hehe So I decided to use the sketch to make a Valentine's Decoration for my home!(You can click on the photos for a more close-up look!)
I dressed up some Cosmo Cricket Buck Naked Lacing Cards with some beautiful papers from the New Basic Grey BitterSweet line. I also used some pretty sheer, crocheted and flower ribbons by Maya Arts and Prima. I also used some Melissa Frances Cardstock Stickers. For the Large Chipboard letters, I first inked them a little with my pink Colorbox ink pad. I just ran the pad along the edges and sporadically on the front of each letter. I then added some Aleene's tacky glue and some light pink ultra-fine glitter. When they were dry, I then added some Pink Poinsettia Shimmerz over that for a little more shimmer and bling! It is hard to see in the photos, but it really gives a nice shimmery finish to the chipboard letters. And I also added some Shimmerz to the Melissa Frances CS Stickers for a little more Shimmer! I added some buttons and some hemp cord to finish it off.

Everything can be purchased at the Jacksonbelle Embellishments Store to create this, except the large chipboard letters I had already had. Not sure who makes them though!

Well, ok, I guess I did follow the rules, cause' I also made a card using the sketch! Well, kinda! I took 2 pages from a mini Basic Grey Chipboard Bracket Album and covered it with some CS and the back page with some Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo paper. I made a card for a little boy and had my son in mind when I made it. He is obessessed with Thomas the Train! The train, track and Choo-Choo rub-ons are by Crate Designs and I also used some Melissa Frances Rub-ons as well as some ribbon, hemp cord, a button and I also used a Martha Stewart Train Punch. The album, Cosmo Cricket paper and Crate Designs Rub-ons can all be purchased at the Jacksonbelle Store as well. You can play along too! If you make a card using this sketch, and upload to SCS, use Keyword JBE034, so we can see your creations too!

And did you know that Jacksonbelle Embellishments has some Shimmerz in stock, given EXCLUSIVELY to Jacksonbelle! There is Flashee Fuchia, Hi-Ho Silver, Hottie Pink and Pixie Dust! Make sure you grab them up while you can!! They are HOT! I know I ordered mine!! And while your there, check out the new items Lindsey just placed in the clearance section! You won't believe all the goodies in there! And if you order $25 or more, you get a free gift! How cool is that! So hurry on over to the Jacksonbelle Store before things are gone for good!!

I hope you are having a day filled with love and blessings from above!!

Hugs, Melissa

26 comments:

Tracey said...

Just gorgeous projects Melissa!!

Kimberly said...

Your decoration turned out adorable!!!!! Love the papers you used. Your card is super cute too. Great job!

Maren said...

LOVE this! So fun and creative! And that little train is super super cute!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Melissa! These are absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!! I can't even imagine how much work and time went into this! Just beautiful! :)

Beth Thomas said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I love the beautiful colors and details! A stunning project! Your card is adorable, as well! Super job!

KV Creative Designs said...

Hi,
I LOVE the LOVE piece! Especially the V! Gorgeous!

Happy New Year and Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

P.S. Stop by my blog and come celebrate my Blogiversary giveaway!!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice








Sandy
Edison, NJ

Anonymous said...

Melissa:
How cute


Linda V
Woodbridge, NJ

Unknown said...

I love that about you!! Never coloring within the lines!! Awesome work Melissa!

Jill said...

Wow! How do you do it?! Fabulous work!! Gorgeous colors and details!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa:
your Love is very Lovely . Love all the Pink . will check back tomorrow to see what you have posted next.

Hugs
Elaine
Rainelle, WV

robin said...

beautiful!

Rachel Hope said...

WOWZA!!! This is Amazing!!! You Totally followed the rules!!! it fits the sketch, no one said it had to be a card :) I Luff it!!!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Amazing you nrver let your followers down , Nice work.
will ck back tomorrow to see what you have posted Am sure it will be wonderful.
Hugs
Dink

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE : Keep up the lovely work !!!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh my gosh Melissa, your Valentine decoration is GORGEOUS! The Bittersweet papers are beautiful and the all the ribbon and little details are amazing!

Your train card is darling as well! Fantastic job with the sketch!

Kisa Peters said...

Stunning!

Heather said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS! You totally rocked this challenge!

Anonymous said...

hey Melissa, great stuff, stop by my blog for an award!

Anonymous said...

was hoping for something NEW and Exciting today : ( (1-7-09 )

Olena said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it this sketch!!! Good job, Melissa! If you like it work with sketches,visit the Sketches! {by Tamara} Blog!!! Nice Sketches, screp.sketches. http://sketchesbytamara.blogspot.com/.

Olena

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa;
First want to say this is quite nice. I know your creations are better and better, So We can't wait to see the next one! As We know it will out do this one.. And now 2nd can't read your dragon at the bottom of the page for some time now , Maybe you can fix that Please. Waitng too for a softer background now that Christmas & New years is all over too it is a little hard sometimes to read all your posts when sliding down by the star. We will be back tomorrow to see what you have created for your followers.

Hugs
Your Good Friends xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa : Your work is outstanding and so very Beautiful no matter what you do it seems to turn to GOLD for you. You have a Talent that few have . you seem to be able to create anything you set your mind to. this is a true Gift from God . do all you can do with your Gift follow all of your dreams and never look back. your a very lucky woman . you seem to have it all right at your fingertips.
May God Bless you and your Family always .

CarolAnn
Florida (USA)

Kristine said...

KNOCK-MY-SOCKS-OFF..>GORGEOUS!! Oh, she's so lucky to have you on her team (ooo...and WE are too! heehee) This is just so beautiful Melissa. Love the card too ;) Have a great day!

2amscrapper said...

Hey, the idea of being a design team member is to "think outside the box" and come up with something creative and different. They're luck to have you. Keep breaking the rules. Your projects are gorgeous.

Erum Tasneem said...

adorable projects!!!