Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jacksonbelle's Tuesday Challenge!

**Scroll Down to Last Post for my Birthday Blog Candy!!**
Today's Challenge for the Jacksonbelle Embellishments DT is to use our "New Stuff"! How fun! And you too can play along! Easy Peasy! Just use any "new Stuff" that you have recently picked up or received for Christmas maybe! And make something with it! If you upload your project to SCS or PCP just use Keyword JBE035, so we can see what you made. Or you can link your project to the Jacksonbelle Blog! Now onto the goods!! hehe

This first one is a simple round card I made using a CD to trace onto my white cardstock. Just make sure the top point of the CD is at the fold of the paper, so you will have a round card that opens. ;) I used some yummy new papers that I received from Lindsey. I first covered the cs with both the front and back of some October Afternoon Weathervane paper. I added some Maya Arts ribbon and a bow. I then covered a Cosmo Cricket Buck Naked Flower Button with some more of the OA pp, added a piece of Basic Grey Bittersweet paper which I distressed with brown ink and curled up the edges and then a Imaginisce crocheted flower, a Basic Grey Bittersweet button and a hemp cord bow. I hot glued them all together for stability and covered them all with some Pink Poinsettia Shimmerz. Lastly I used my Inkadinkado Birthday Cupcakes set for the Sentiments and lastly to finish it off I adhered some Pink Pom-Pom Trim along the edge.

And my last project is a paper Valentine Cupcake! The original template can be found on the Scrapbooks Etc site HERE, but my inspiration came from my friend Ching! Make sure you check out her yummy blog! My cupcake was made with some Basic Grey Bittersweet and Fancy Pants Designs Papers. I made the bottom "cup" with some BG pp, by cutting a 6" circle and then folding it 16 times in an accordion fold. I then adhered a styrofoam ball in the center of my cupcake. I then cut some Fancy Pants pp into small strips and wrapped them around a pencil to coil them. I then adhered them to my styrofoam ball with some hot glue. (The original version is to use stick pins, I don't have that kind of patience! LOL) I then drizzled some Aleene's Tacky glue over the curled papers to make it appear like icing. I then added some yummy pink glitter to it. I then adhered some Cosmo Cricket "Hey Sugar" cs stickers to a couple of lollipop sticks. I brushed on some yummy Pink Poinsettia Shimmerz to the cs stickers for a little added bling! And finally I added some Pink Pom-Pom trim around the edge of the cupcake, a sheer Maya Arts bow, chipboard heart covered in more glitter, and a button with a hemp cord bow to the 1 lollipop stick. This was a blast to make! Almost everything used to make these 2 projects can be found at the Jacksonbelle Store!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's Blogs!

AJ Otto
Beth Thomas
Heather Lee-Reppen
Jennifer Buck
Jill Dunn
Kimberly O'Rosky
Kisa Peters
Lindsey Botkin
Lynda Benden
Michelle Woerner
Rachel Baird
Shannan Teubner
Taylor Usry
Maren Benedict

Well, thanks for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate all the kind words and love that you always leave me. And don't forget, as a Thank you to you and in celebration of my Birthday on the 18th, don't forget to enter for my Birthday Blog Candy! Just go to this LAST POST! Good Luck!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs, Melissa

19 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous projects Melissa!!

Erum Tasneem said...

The project! THE project! LOL Its just TO DIE FOR! And the card is a killer too! :o)
Email me your snail mail please.

Kimberly said...

What fun projects!! Love the flower on the CD card and the paper cupcake it too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Morning Melissa:
Both of these are so pretty and sweet looking ..love the pinks and reds. love all the glitter you use on so many of your creations, these are really nice. the I LOVE YOU stand out so nice. will be watching for your next post.
Have a Great Day.
Love and Hugs.

Anonymous said...

wow how beautiful ! you again did a fantastic job on another project,Keep Up the wonderful and beautiful work.

Linda V.
Woodbridge. NJ

Jill said...

Love that round card. The flower is so cute and the pom pom trim is a really fun touch. Great job on your projects.

Anonymous said...

very pretty!

Jenny B in Indy said...

Love both of these.. GORGEOUS!!!

Lynda Benden said...

I love BOTH of your projects Melissa! You are amazingly talented! The dingle ball fringe ROCKS and your Valentine cupcake is AMAZING!

Rachel Hope said...

WOWOWOW, Amazing stuff!!!!

Beth Thomas said...

Absolutely adorable projects! Love the trim around the round card- perfection. The cupcake project is pure genius!

robin said...

adorable, as always! :)

Heather said...

WOW!!! These are absolutely incredibly! Just gorgeous!!!

KrazeeKaren said...

WOW! This is my first time to your blog! And I must say you do wonderful work!! Everything you make has so much love and details in it! Awesome!! I am definitely a new follower!!

Karen K

Anonymous said...

You made my favorite shaped card. I love the pink ball trim around the edges. Great job.

And wow!! that cupcake is so cute. Great job!

Kathy W. said...

Your card is beautiful Melissa! :) And so is the SWEET treat...so neat. You always do fabulous projects--I LOVE visiting your blog!!

Unknown said...

awww, you're so sweet Melissa for mentioning me. But I soooo love your version....it rocks!!!

All your cards are always stellar!

Shirley said...

I've seen lots of these cupcakes (mine included!) but yours definitely looks good enough to eat! Fabulous work!

Kisa Peters said...

Oooh! I love those Dingle Balls around the edge! SO fun and cute!