Tuesday, April 21, 2009

JBelle Tuesday! Easy as 1-2-3!

Well, actually it's not that easy! LOL Today's Jacksonbelle Embellishments DT Challenge was to make a card using 1 stamp, 2 embellishments and 3 layers or less! I was going to cheat and use 1 Stamp Set, but then decided to be good! I had originally stamped this owl and a branch from the Pink Paislee Harvest Moon stamp set! But then decided to play fair and I added a real branch from my yard, instead of the stamped branch and that would also serve as 1 of my embellies! But then I CHEATED anyway!! LOL The card looked like it was missing something, so I then stamped the little itty bitty "Thankful" from the same set!! hehe But I did only use 3 layers including my white card base and only 2 embellies, the ribbon and stick!

All the Pink Paislee Captivating papers can be found at the JBelle Store as well as the Shimmerz Paints that I colored the owl with! I used Gold Glimmer and Blueberry Cobbler!

We would love for you to play along too! Just use keyword JBE050 when uploading to SCS or you can put a link to your card on the JBelle Blog! Now check out the rest of the JBelle Rockstars and see what they created!

AJ Otto
Beth Thomas
Heather Lee-Reppen
Jennifer Buck
Jill Dunn
Kimberly O'Rosky
Lindsey Botkin
Lynda Benden
Michelle Woerner
Shannan Teubner
Taylor Usry
Maren Benedict

Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,

13 comments:

Karen said...

Melissa - I love the way you put that little branch on your card and the way your ribbon is slanted on the card...such an adorable card!!! Love your work girl!

Have a good day!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa:
This card is so sweet I love the little owl and the branch on the card
The word Thanks is a exrta nice touch. and the nice blue ribbon .Nice job !
Hugs ; )
♥♥♥

Cowspotdog said...

what a beautiful card, the colors are wonderful and that royal blue ribbon really makes it pop. The branch is just perfect too
Bree's Blog --- Vintage Flaire

Kimberly said...

This is too cute! Love that you used a real branch. That owl is adorable too!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Wow...that's a real branch on your card. LOVE it. Your stamped owl is precious. Love all the colors in your card, too.

twinkle teaches said...

I love the creative idea to put a real branch. I am going to try this! :) tina

Marjanne said...

That is a good idea, the little branch!! I love it!!

Lynda Benden said...

This is absolutely DARLING Melissa!! The branch is fantastic!

Cheri W said...

Gotta love it! The branch is just great and you are a master at bow tying! Whoo - hoooo!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I just love the real branch - I'm heading out to my yard right now to search for twigs to put on my next card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kisa Peters said...

This is really cute! I love the nontraditional colors of the owl - hoot! hoot!

melody said...

girl ~ that is totally kewl using a branch on the card ~ and what a scrumptious card it is!

Michelle said...

What a great idea Melissa! I love the branch!!