Friday, August 7, 2009

The heart that loves...

The other night, my 3 yr old son, Antonio and I went for our nightly walk around the neighborhood...jumping over cracks in the road...running after the bunnies sitting quietly on people's lawns...jumping in puddles left by the sprinklers...our nice "quiet" time together. And than all of a sudden, he looked up at me, grabbed my hand and said, "Mamma, you're my best friend!" I think my heart skipped a couple of beats right before it melted! I stopped, picked him up and gave him the tightest hug! Those are the moments in life that I cherish! That one little sentence, made my day...week...year! It keeps my heart young!

This is a card I made for yesterday's Ways to Use It Challenge over at Splitcoast. It was to use pleats on your card. So I made my flower out of cardstock and felt and my "stem" out of pleated ribbon. I added some pieces of a pick left over from Easter, a stamped quote by Heidi Grace, hemp cord, some Martha Stewart punched butterflies and when I was all finished, I sprayed the entire card with some Shimmerz Spritz in Cotton Candy for just a little shimmer.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Have fun with your loved ones!!

Hugs,

20 comments:

Nunt said...

Oh, this card is so wonderful! I keep on forgetting that you don't always have to *stamp* everything ^_^

xx,
nunt

Kristen H said...

This is so sweet and cute!!! What your son said was even sweeter. I love kids at that age, they certainly can make us feel WONDERFUL, and it truly came out in your card!!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

karenshopes said...

Now that my children are grown up I wish I had kept a journal of the sweet and funny things they said. If you dont do that already perhaps you could think about it, in the years to come you will treasure being able to share those moments again.
Karen

Annette Bowes said...

What a beautiful card, love the sentiment! What a lovely memory to treasure forever:) Wishing you many more cherished moments. Have a great weekend tooX:)

Penny said...

that is sooo cute. I have two girls and a boy, and I love them equally, but I do feel like there is something special between me and matthew, he's my little man and he thinks he is going to marry me... lol

Jocelyn said...

Love, love. love this card!!!! You did such a wonderful job with it!!!! :)

DeeDee said...

I love the layers and textures you have incorperated into this card...very lovely...and that little boy will have your heart forever..how sweet.

Emily S said...

Wow this card is fantastic!! And what a great memory of your son :)

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Beautiful card Melissa, I'm loving that felt and ribbon. :) I love those moments with my sons too. While I was in Florida last week, my youngest son (10 yrs. old) called me each day "Just to be sure I was alright." How can you not melt when they say such sweet things like that?! :) Have a great day! Michelle

Lighty said...

great....super.... i love it

Anonymous said...

OUR CARD IS BEAUTIFUL AS ALWAYS . THOSE SWEET LITTLE WORDS MEAN SO VERY MUCH TO HIS MOM OR DAD WHEN A COUPLE OF LITTLE WPORDS MEAN SO MUCH TO THE PARENT , TRUST ME WHEN I SAY A MOM OR A DAD NEVER FORGET THOSE VERY SPECIAL TIMES. YOUR LOVED SO VERY MUCH. LIFE IS NOT EASY BUT YOU ONLY GET ONE MOM AND ONLY ONE DAD CHERISH THEM ALWAYS AS LIFE IS SHORT AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SAY I LOVE YOU AND GIVE A HUG OR A KISS AS THEY ARE GONE FOR EVER I DON'T HAVE MINE AND I SURE MISS THEM A LOT. MEMORIES ARE ALL WE ARE LEFT, NO AMOUNT OF MONEY CAN EVER REPLACE THAT SPECIAL LOVE.
HAVE A WONDERFUL LOVING WEEKEND.

~ GOD BLESS ~
HUGS :O)
♥ ♥ ♥

HazelQ said...

Awww such a cute boy you have :) this card is very pretty and creative too!

Denise said...

What a sweet boy....now remember that when he's done something wrong. LOL But seriously, those are the moments we Moms really treasure.

Lovely card...as always :-)

Anonymous said...

wow thats one smokin card.. i love it

Cat said...

OMgosh! Your card is gorgeous! What a great take on pleats!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you did the stem and leaves for your flower! Very nice card.

Swedie

Mina said...

wow Melissa what a stunning card...that flower is so beautiful
Mina xxx

sandra said...

You strike me in the heart!
I know how you must feel.
I get that cind of feeling every day and enjoy every second of it!
That seconds make life so great!

Must comment your card because its sooo pretty.
Fantastic idea how to use ribbon!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Jacilynn said...

wow, this is super cute! Love the stem.

Tanya Batrak said...

Ohhh it's absolutly perfect!